Do You Think We Make The Playoffs NEXT Year?

bob_sauve28

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

If I remember correctly I made my first post speaking out against the Must Win crowd in 2019 (to great pushback). My crusade has found home in its own thread and can now be seen in most GDTs by many different posters. If we do not stop with Must Wins, we will never make the playoffs. It is up to you jabronies that are holding us back to decide if your fun little game is worth the pain and suffering it causes. 

Mitch Wannabee!

I might if I thought we displayed one ounce of what it takes to get there, but we don’t, so there is zero reason to believe this group will all of a sudden figure it out. Major personnel changes need to be made. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, R_Dudley said:

I am in the NFW group unless a complete coaching clean house is done and replaced with a competent group. Not sure Adams is capable of that though.

He's totally capable. That was his very first act as GM.

I'll say yes just to be a contrarian. UPL/Levi, healthy Quinn, Muel on the 3rd pair with Clifton. Replace Jost and VO with energy/attitude guys.

5 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

How say you? Any thought what so ever on the topic

Are you optimistic? Or do you think we will see a repeat of this year?

I feel we will be better. Two good goalies, hopefully, Quinn back, defense solid, maybe we add another forward, and Benson just gets better

Ask me once we start the pre season.  For now I say: 

• We have one good goalie until proven otherwise.   
  • Quinn should be back, and  that helps. 
  • Thompson should be healthy and ready to get back on track as a goal scorer. 
  • Defense is almost there but lacking the big force that clears the front of the net and pounds opponents  
  • We must add 2 centers and 2 wingers

Tuch - Tage - Skinner

Quinn - Cozens - Peterka

Benson - New 2C/3C - New Power Forward

Greenway - New 4C - New Winger 

Spare:  Krebs and TBD

Dahlin - Byram

Power - New Guy

Muel  - Clifton

Spare: Johnson

UPL - Levi

Trade:  Joker and several prospects 

Flush:   VO, Girgs, Comrie

To AHL: Jost, Robinson, Bryson

Trade 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Ask me once we start the pre season.  For now I say: 

• We have one good goalie until proven otherwise.   
  • Quinn should be back, and  that helps. 
  • Thompson should be healthy and ready to get back on track as a goal scorer. 
  • Defense is almost there but lacking the big force that clears the front of the net and pounds opponents  
  • We must add 2 centers and 2 wingers

Tuch - Tage - Skinner

Quinn - Cozens - Peterka

Benson - New 2C/3C - New Power Forward

Greenway - New 4C - New Winger 

Spare:  Krebs and TBD

Flush:   VO, Girgs

To AHL: Jost, Robinson

If your team has TNT and Tuch on the first line, your team isn’t making the playoffs. Not saying they’re bad but neither is a first liner in their positions.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

If your team has TNT and Tuch on the first line, your team isn’t making the playoffs. Not saying they’re bad but neither is a first liner in their positions.

Given the players we have right now they are the first line.  Thompson regaining his 40+ goal form, and Tuch regaining 30+ goal form is certainly good enough.   Skinner is the questionable one. 

Edited by Pimlach

They're not far off from getting into the playoffs.

They just need:

1. A new head coach.
  2. A new coaching staff.
  3. Dump Jost, VO.
  4. Package up Power with Rousek or Savoie and trade for a freaking stud offenseman, ideally a center, for the top 6.
  5. Package Savoie or Rousek (whoever is left over from above) with Weissbach and a pick and trade for a second stud for the bottom 6.
  6. Trade Thompson and a pick and maybe someone left over from the above for someone else to fill out the hole(s) made by doing the above.

It's not hard, just takes cojones.

• dislike 1

I don't believe we can win with this current regime and the next GM has a ton of work to do, he needs to reshape the bottom 6, in that bottom 6 he needs to find a guy who is a proven faceoff winner, we still need a legit goalie pairing with UPL, Skinner to me is not a top 6 forward on any playoff caliber team and Tuch should not be a 1st line player either.

Bad luck:

Injuries are often this, barring some idiotic oversight of stretching causing a groin tear; injuries can definitely be considered bad luck. 

Jack Quinn, injured trying to better his game and then hurt in a freak skate pick accident. That hit us harder than even I thought it would. We didn’t even try to cover that wound to our roster which still annoys me.

Zach Benson’s penalties, I have never seen a player in particular get so many questionable or outright absurd calls made against him. From a team standpoint this is bad luck. 

Dylan Cozens runs the gambit of bad luck and bad play. Especially to start the year the guy couldn’t buy a goal. He has also had general lapses in judgment for games at a time. He had a rough year but not anything I’m concerned by, yet.

Bad Play:

Owen Power’s sophomore slump has left him mediocre at best most of the year. He’s looked better since his return from injury but too little too late.

Jeff Skinner’s Jekyll and Hyde impression has gotten very old. He shows in some games he can play some degree of defensive hockey and can literally take over offensively for stints yet seems to outright refuse to do so some nights. Instead he’ll twirl and try to backhand pass a puck into a crowd hoping the banged up Thompson or ever moving Tuch stumble onto it.

Eric Comrie, if he is every bit a good guy as he is a bad goalie then I can certainly understand his “well liked” status. The oddest part with him is always the good games he’ll play once in a while only for the offense to dry up. 

Peyton Krebs, he makes me want to scream. When playing with scrubby hard workers with their stone hands he plays smart, makes great passes and generally plays very effective only to be let down by his line mates. For a very brief 2 weeks before Mitts was traded he showed his abilities with good forwards. But now with the good forwards he's gone back to his pre-4th line days again. Passing far too much east-west and looking reckless with the puck. Can anyone please convince him everyone is Girgs and Okposo so he may play straightforward but actually find some success? 

Here’s just a few things I wanted to unload

Edited by thewookie1