Lindy Ruff Fired as Devils HC

Brawndo

He was signed to a multi year in my opinion contract extension last fall after getting the Devs into the second round last spring.

Narrator: The New Jersey Devils were only eight points out of a playoff spot.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

He was signed to a multi year in my opinion contract extension last fall after getting the Devs into the second round last spring.

Narrator: The New Jersey Devils were only eight points out of a playoff spot.

I miss the days when the Sabres and their fans expected winning too.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Everyone thought Ruff was gone at the beginning of last season after Brunette had joined the staff. Then the players went and started the season 21-4-1. Brunette got a head coach gig in Nashville.

I wonder if the Devils front office doesn't regret making this same cut at the end of last season and going with Brunette.

(And because naturally the conversation will go this way: why would Ruff come back to work for the Pegulas in any capacity?)

• Like (+1) 1

Well, looking at it strictly through the lens of success rates, Lindy was far more successful than the past 10 seasons........

So......

I'm in the ya, bring him back if he'll take the job crowd. Sorry LG and Swamp, but I ain't getting any younger, so "Are you not Entertained" is most definitely where my thoughts are.

• Like (+1) 2

I honestly believe he would make a good POHO that even Pegula may allow. In part because I doubt Ruff would demand a non-Pegula presence clause in his contract. 

At minimum I’d offer him an advisory role of some kind seeing as he still has a house here and still loves the area.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Not as coach.

President of Hockey Operations I would allow.

Or better yet make KA President and Ruff GM.

Well, maybe not better yet.

No. Rookie. GMs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I love Lindy but for the “Sabres give up the first goal because DG doesn’t know how to fire them up and/or prepare them better crowd,” the only team that has allowed the first goal more then the Sabres this year is your New Jersey Devils

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Given his multi year contract extension I doubt he takes a job anywhere. More likely he kicks back on a beach for a couple years at least. 

If that doesn't infringe on the contract terms he'd be a good choice to coach the Worlds or Olympics or other stuff like that. 

As for a POHO or other senior level job, idk. Don't think he's had a whole lot of player personnel type experience but if he wanted to be a "senior advisor" in Buffalo I could see that and would welcome it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1