Lindy Ruff Fired as Devils HC

Brawndo

Just now, Marvin said:

I am open to other suggestions.  However, I wonder if Terry is open to them, whereas I could see him working with Ruff.

I guess it is just that Ruff was fired this year for pretty much the same reasons that many want to see Granato fired.  It isn't that he failed to get past round one or two of the playoffs, but rather that he oversaw a regular season disaster. If we make a move (and I doubt we will), there will be coaches available whose recent records are considerably better than Ruff's.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

I guess it is just that Ruff was fired this year for pretty much the same reasons that many want to see Granato fired.  It isn't that he failed to get past round one or two of the playoffs, but rather that he oversaw a regular season disaster. If we make a move (and I doubt we will), there will be coaches available whose recent records are considerably better than Ruff's.

There the NHL coaching pool . Then there’s the pool of coaches that Terry is willing to hire, and even within that group there are the coaches that would agree to coach for Terry.

The overlap is not significant.

I think part of the reason there’s some buzz around Lindy is because he may be one of the better candidates willing to come here and who Terry would hire.