Lindy Ruff Fired as Devils HC

Brawndo

36 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Well, looking at it strictly through the lens of success rates, Lindy was far more successful than the past 10 seasons........

So......

I'm in the ya, bring him back if he'll take the job crowd. Sorry LG and Swamp, but I ain't getting any younger, so "Are you not Entertained" is most definitely where my thoughts are.

At the very least he was very productive running a team built on efficient economics like this one. And Lindy is a respected hockey man across the league. There is something to say about both being positives. Is he the best option? No....

But is anybody else taking the job with Adams/Terry dictating what they can and cannot do? Also no.

A big part of what this franchise needs is somebody to separate Terry from any actual personnel/staffing decisions. A real life hockey professional to sit on top of the Sabres hockey throne. If Terry has the trust of Lindy the way he does Beane I could also get behind him as POHO. Which would likely include clearing house and moving on from Adams and Donnie.

Same questions as above. Are there others you would maybe like more? Sure. But would they get the job? Probably not. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Buffalo fans might just be the most predictable morons on the planet. 

We live in a world where we don't get to think "who is the best hire for position x at the Buffalo Sabres next year?"

But a world where we have to navigate "who is the best person at position x that Terry Pegula and Kevyn Adams are willing to bring into the Buffalo Sabres next year?"

More often than not the answers to both questions are very different. 

I'd love him back in the organization. I never wanted him gone when he was fired, and every time there was an opening I wanted him to fill it again here.  But I'm letting Granato finish out the year, and then evaluating in the offseason.   

• Like (+1) 1

The benefit of hiring Lindy Ruff to coach the Sabres is it would signal a commitment to actual results in the now.

If they are serious enough about this seasons stumble to hire Lindy, I would be willing to bet money that we would see an exchange of picks/prospects for now players.  And I also would be the mix of player types would improve as well.

Granted, hiring Lindy Ruff doesn’t move my needle as a coaching change anymore.  It does move me as a signal that what has been acceptable to date isn’t going to be acceptable any longer.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

The benefit of hiring Lindy Ruff to coach the Sabres is it would signal a commitment to actual results in the now.

If they are serious enough about this seasons stumble to hire Lindy, I would be willing to bet money that we would see an exchange of picks/prospects for now players.  And I also would be the mix of player types would improve as well.

Granted, hiring Lindy Ruff doesn’t move my needle as a coaching change anymore.  It does move me as a signal that what has been acceptable to date isn’t going to be acceptable any longer.

Unless Lindy is bringing a half dozen players with him, it won’t matter at all.  He’s not turning Tage into Shanahan.  

• Like (+1) 3

It would also signal if there are any prima donnas, hardheads or anyone peeing in the pool, they will need to commit to play hard winning hockey or ask for a trade.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

Unless Lindy is bringing a half dozen players with him, it won’t matter at all.  He’s not turning Tage into Shanahan.  

Lindy had his Roy.  I think there would be room for Tage.  But there would be a couple fewer of him.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Why do people automatically think he would be a good POHO? 

Pegula doesn’t want that. He wants Adams calling him 10 times a day.

Nothing will change until there is new ownership.

Dog Tongue GIF

Life view of adams when pegula enters the building ? 😄

So far from reading this thread: GM didn’t go out and get competant goaltending during the offseason and they’ve also had a bunch of injuries and players not matching what they did last year. But apparently Ruff would have different results here…

• Like (+1) 1