GDT / Winnipeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres Sun. 3/3/24( MSG/ WGR Radio

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm getting back from Vegas late so looks like I'll miss a good chunk of the game live. I wonder if NHL games are available for on-demand on ESPN+ after?

It will be but it takes longer for the replay to be uploaded when it isn’t on espn+ so might need to wait until tomorrow 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Well he isn't wrong; the biggest reason is we still play Detroit 3 times in the final 21, Washington 2 times, Tampa once, Isles once, Devils once and even Toronto twice. 

You find a way to win those 10 games in regulation, and your odds of making it skyrocket. 

2% to 6% odds is a 300% improvement, so……

no idea if that math is goodly.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 best defensive teams in the NHL squaring off since January 1st. 

So the final score will likely be 7-6

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm getting back from Vegas late so looks like I'll miss a good chunk of the game live. I wonder if NHL games are available for on-demand on ESPN+ after?

You missed a great one.

• Shoot da Puck changed the title to GDT / Winnipeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres Sun. 3/3/24( 7pm) ESPN+/ MSG / NHLHD / Sling/ WGR Radio

Jets are are 8-2 in their last 10 and have a +40 goal differential which is third best in the NHL.  A true test on home ice to determine whether or not they are contenders or pretenders. Assuming UPL gets the nod tonight, while the Peg probably give Helley a rest after playing last night.  So they got that going for them, which is nice.
   Whatever happens over this 10 game gauntlet mentioned above, just don’t win your next three, stand pat at the deadline and then lose 5 of the next 7.  

Massacre Winnipeg. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Normally, yes.  The games stay up for a couple days I believe.  But since it's an NHL Network game, not sure.

I’ve never been able to get on- demand replays on ESPN+ of national broadcasts. But then again, @PromoTheRobot is in a different part of New England, it’s above 60 degrees, and the month/date are both single digit numbers. As we know, all of these factor in to NHL broadcast decisions.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

I’ve never been able to get on- demand replays on ESPN+ of national broadcasts. But then again, @PromoTheRobot is in a different part of New England, it’s above 60 degrees, and the month/date are both single digit numbers. As we know, all of these factor in to NHL broadcast decisions.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question. I'm very aware of the rules of ESPN+ regarding blackouts and national games. What I don't know is what happens when NHL Network grabs the Sabres MSG broadcast for their national game. Does that game ever end up on ESPN+ on-demand?

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question. I'm very aware of the rules of ESPN+ regarding blackouts and national games. What I don't know is what happens when NHL Network grabs the Sabres MSG broadcast for their national game. Does that game ever end up on ESPN+ on-demand?

Gonna find out... ps need Caps, Joisey and Quins to lose today

Jets coming off a big win we might be able to lull them to sleep. 

Myself I have no hope for playoffs (I think that's just not possible at this stage even with a high win percentage for the rest of the season) so I'm hoping Winnipeg brings their heavy physical game (which they can do) because I want to see if this team can handle it. We won't get a playoff test so for me, it's important to know if this area really needs an off season upgrade (which I think it does) or if these guys are growing into their bodies and gaining some stones themselves. 

Entertain me, that's all I ask. Give me hope for next year. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

No one thinks they're in the race. Well Thorny does but he's just trying to beat out Hank for Poster of the Year.

FD370516-5E02-4D98-822D-EC7521D606D4.thumb.jpeg.24f1b60d6450bd61380bf58bdab9553c.jpeg

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

He is wrong. They are not in the race. Everyone knows it. You can't say if they go on an 8 or 10 game winning streak they WILL be in the race.

They've won six of eight. They gained zero ground on the final spot.

If they end up catching up on the same race track, the horse was always in the race. It would be revelatory

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Did you notice last night that not one conversation on playoffs had the Sabres in the race.  The ESPN crew talked about who they could deal at the deadline, nothing about them making a run.  

Guess I’m wrong then. I’ll avoid watching this one 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Haven’t seen a reply yet this season.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Thorny '24. He flips. He flops.

This is ridiculous, and kinda hurts coming from you 

I make it a point to set expectations before the season and don’t shift: literally quoting you in another thread about how I refuse to back down from what we said was the expectation this year. I call my shots. I refuse not to. If we miss this year, we have failed.

Saying I think we can make it is not a flip flop 

• Like (+1) 2