Granato Fined 25,000 by the NHL

Brawndo

NHL officiating has been in question my entire life.  HDTV has made it extraordinarily easy to witness the abomination.  It’s never been good.  

The problem the Sabres have is two fold.  They have an extremely young team, so they get no calls.  They also have an extremely passive team, so when a team like Boston of Florida come to town and commit 5 penalties every shift, they are deemed aggressive and are rewarded by the officials.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

55 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It was bad.

Understatement imo. It was the worst I've seen this season for any team and totally favoured Florida. 

I don't fault him at all. I like the emotion and I'm sure the players do too. We need more of that. I was actually thinking in the first period I'd end up writing "why is Granato so passive with those refs, can you imagine what Brind'Amour or Torts would have done?" but then he exploded in the third after bottling it in so long I guess so scrap that draft post 🙂

Donny must have used the F word big time. Those refs need a disciplinary hearing. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Serious question. Do you we would have scored with no penalty?

I said in the GDT that I didn't think the officiating changed the outcome of the game, but there is no way to say for sure. Who cares, anyway, we shouldn't have to watch that garbage.

There were a few bad calls but the call he blew up on was the correct call... and his tantrum cost them at least a point.

His unwillingness to apologize in the media seemed odd.   Not very professional.

Do better Donny.

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 2

His timing was awful… but glad to know Granato is willing to get in the refs face when they are favoring the other team with bogus calls on us.

When pushed… DG got some vociferous anger in him.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Understatement imo. It was the worst I've seen this season for any team and totally favoured Florida. 

I don't fault him at all. I like the emotion and I'm sure the players do too. We need more of that. I was actually thinking in the first period I'd end up writing "why is Granato so passive with those refs, can you imagine what Brind'Amour or Torts would have done?" but then he exploded in the third after bottling it in so long I guess so scrap that draft post 🙂

Donny must have used the F word big time. Those refs need a disciplinary hearing. 

I mean... to make a brutally bad call.  Then to DOUBLE DOWN and throw a bench minor on top of it?  Just awful. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Alaska John said:

I didn't see the game.  Was the officiating in the Florida game particularly egregious or just standardly egregious?

It was one sided and bizarre. The "holding" call on Benson will go down as an all timer. Oddly the one legit tripping call on Benson is what set Donny off.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It was one sided and bizarre. The "holding" call on Benson will go down as an all timer. Oddly the one legit tripping call on Benson is what set Donny off.

It was more the fact Benson was interfered with which cause him to trip the guy than the actual trip I believe. Montour gave him a full side hug which cause Benson to lose his balance and poke the skates out from under the other Panther.