Granato Fined 25,000 by the NHL

Brawndo

34 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

It was more the fact Benson was interfered with which cause him to trip the guy than the actual trip I believe. Montour gave him a full side hug which cause Benson to lose his balance and poke the skates out from under the other Panther.

Basically Benson got two minutes for being mugged.

I skipped through the Tampa game. I saw Benson had at least one late call. Was it a good call or more BS?

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Basically Benson got two minutes for being mugged.

I skipped through the Tampa game. I saw Benson had at least one late call. Was it a good call or more BS?

The Tampa call was legit. Unlike the Florida ones. 

Benson does take stick fouls as he's still underestimating NHL speed at times (like most rookies) but the Florida calls were ridiculous. 

15 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Did they fine the officials for being incompetent? 

The better officials do get assigned playoff series and this earn more paychecks I believe.

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

The Tampa call was legit. Unlike the Florida ones. 

Benson does take stick fouls as he's still underestimating NHL speed at times (like most rookies) but the Florida calls were ridiculous. 

The Tampa call was totally legit.  It was a turnover that would have been a 2-1 at least so he tripped the guy.  I wouldn't even say it was his fault on the turnover from what I saw.  The first Florida call (the only one I saw before I had to leave the house) was just horrendous.  I couldn't figure out what they called him for.

• Agree 1