Eric Robinson acquired by the Sabres from Columbus for a 2025 conditional 7th Round Pick

Brawndo

Nobody should be considered "untouchable" on a losing franchise. Look at Arizona, they moved out a very good player in Chychrun and they got better. Now I know he wanted out, but the point is you can move out talent and improve if you do things right. 

It's the toys that you play with that are useful to you, not the shiny new ones still in their packaging. 

One of the biggest disconnects with the Sabres seems to be the quality of their Jr scouting and development and their professional scouting.  They seem to do a great job finding talent in the draft and do a good job of developing players from their pipeline such as JJP, Cozens, Quinn, and even Ryan Johnson.   However, their ability to identify and acquire professional players who can elevate the franchise is terrible.  Outside of Tuch, I can't think of a single NHL player acquired by KA who has improved the franchise.  I guess some could argue Anderson was ok, but he was only able to give us 57 games over 2 years and his goals against was 3.12 and 3.06 respectively.  Not exactly NHL starter material.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/6/2023 at 5:43 PM, Brawndo said:

The condition on the trade is Robinson has to play 45 games for the Sabres this season or Buffalo keeps the pick 

So, basically, unless he sticks the entire year, he's free to Buffalo (there's only 58 games left this season).  If he misses 14 games, he was FREE!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Quint said:

So let's see... Buffalo now has:

Johnson, & Johnson, Samuelsson, Olofsson, Benson, Thompson, Bryson and Robinson, not to mention Grigensons, Clifson and Roson. 

I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

ClifTon and RosEn but yes 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

IMHO - he made a difference tonight....made his linemates look better.

Yeah, not a flashy player but not trash on the ice. He put himself in front of the net like a second-liner a few times. Never got the puck but he was there in case it did come to him.

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

One of the biggest disconnects with the Sabres seems to be the quality of their Jr scouting and development and their professional scouting.  They seem to do a great job finding talent in the draft and do a good job of developing players from their pipeline such as JJP, Cozens, Quinn, and even Ryan Johnson.   However, their ability to identify and acquire professional players who can elevate the franchise is terrible.  Outside of Tuch, I can't think of a single NHL player acquired by KA who has improved the franchise.  I guess some could argue Anderson was ok, but he was only able to give us 57 games over 2 years and his goals against was 3.12 and 3.06 respectively.  Not exactly NHL starter material.  

EJ and Clifton improve the d group over Boosh/Clague/Syillman/Bryson.   People complain about every error and ignore the good.  Power and Muel have slipped this season, that is our biggest problem on the back end.  Two big minute players are struggling.  

Greenway, when healthy, has been solid.  He is rarely healthy it seems. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Weave said:

Clearly we need to sign this kid to a long term deal.

2 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

7 / $50M all around.

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Goal shoulda counted adding to the legend of Big Rob

We jest but I think he may be the start of retooling our bottom 6.  Get a couple more guys pushing Okie to the press box and Rosen back to Rochester.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

We jest but I think he may be the start of retooling our bottom 6.  Get a couple more guys pushing Okie to the press box and Rosen back to Rochester.  

If he plays that style of game every night he'll definitely be an asset.

I agree. Okie is gonna have to sit on his stick at some point. 

Couple more big strong guys with snarl in their game like Carrier in LV.

• Like (+1) 1