Eric Robinson acquired by the Sabres from Columbus for a 2025 conditional 7th Round Pick

Brawndo

9 hours ago, Big Guava said:

What a pickup this has been so far...dude has been a force.

Is there something that suggests he won't be? Typically when a player comes in and plays exceptional, he doesn't get sent down.

Let me sing you the ballad of Steve Beniers....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So that means it's too early to panic? Kevyn might still be wrong?

Idk if Kevyn is wrong but we should probably pump the breaks a little bit. If Robinson is a 10g, 20a guy by years end, it's a very good trade. Again, we got him for free because 7th round picks rarely make it and with this team drafting so high, it will be even rarer... also who gives a crap if a 7th in 2025 turns into something useful in 2031?

• Agree 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Idk if Kevyn is wrong but we should probably pump the breaks a little bit. If Robinson is a 10g, 20a guy by years end, it's a very good trade. Again, we got him for free because 7th round picks rarely make it and with this team drafting so high, it will be even rarer... also who gives a crap if a 7th in 2025 turns into something useful in 2031?

Complicates who sits and who skates when the injured players come back. Until he cools down Mr Robinson will be in there 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk if Kevyn is wrong but we should probably pump the breaks a little bit. If Robinson is a 10g, 20a guy by years end, it's a very good trade.

We'll see how the acquisition works out, but so far he seems to be bringing the potential out of Krebs.  Even if Robinson doesn't stick, if he helps unlock Krebs it will be a good trade.

And I don't know, maybe this is just something good teams do:  Bring in new energy players from time to time to bring a boost to the bottom six- guys who may be on their last NHL stop and play with the energy, determination and desperation of a guy trying to keep his NHL career going.  Temporary fixes, but they bring infusions of energy to the team.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

He is found money. He has played well in areas the team desperately needs: hustle, effort, net front presence.

Even if he doesn’t become an everyday 4th liner he can be the 13th F to finish the season. He has already helped the team get a few points.

If he inspires Girgs/Krebs/Okposo/Greenway to go to the front of the net, or opens up space for VO/Jost/Benson whomever is on the other 3rd-4th line, forces opponents defensemen to make rushed passes knowing his speed and actual body checking are a possibility, and plays sound defensively, he'll be a fixture in the lineup.

Robinson looks to be rubbing off on the team already. 

His line crashes the net all game and other lines have had more net front presence than usual in the few games since his arrival. 

Helpful acquisition.

If this keeps up ya gotta give a tip of the cap to the analytics guys because this appears to be exactly the type of player this lineup needed. 

They honed in on an exact need and found a player on the cheap to fill it. 

For now.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Robinson looks to be rubbing off on the team already. 

His line crashes the net all game and other lines have had more net front presence than usual in the few games since his arrival. 

Helpful acquisition.

If this keeps up ya gotta give a tip of the cap to the analytics guys because this appears to be exactly the type of player this lineup needed. 

They honed in on an exact need and found a player on the cheap to fill it. 

For now.

How do we know it was the graph people that found him? 

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Don't know that yet.  He's certainly not a core piece, but unless your fourth line is Maltby - Draper - McCarty, fourth liners are part of your core.

I still think there are serviceable 4th liners in Rochester; we just don't know who they are yet, other than perhaps Rousek.  But we have a fair number of players that were drafted thinking they're top-six material.  Not all will achieve that but some will prove to be decent bottom six guys.

Rousek did not make errors, but he didn’t make things happen either.  Robinson has a lot of straight line speed and likes to crash and stir things up.  

I am hopeful Robinson keeps it up.  When Girgs comes back Robinson will be forced to keep the motor on if he wants ice.  

Looks like Krebs works well with him, another plus. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

No, could of just been someone who knew of him. He did score a hat trick against us 

He looked like a world beater that day 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Rousek did not make errors, but he didn’t make things happen either.  Robinson has a lot of straight line speed and likes to crash and stir things up.  

I am hopeful Robinson keeps it up.  When Girgs comes back Robinson will be forced to keep the motor on if he wants ice.  

Looks like Krebs works well with him, another plus. 

He may unlock Zemgus too?

I'm not trying to get too far ahead of myself. 

He might fade into oblivion from here too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm not saying ER is god's gift to hockey. I just find it humorous comparing people's initial reactions to the trade to how he's playing so far.

46 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Granato credited Jeremiah Crowe I think (director of pro scouting) for bringing him in.

That would be Crowe's job, to know what pro players are there and how they fit.   Probably gets assistance form analytics dept. 

Scraping up players in the AHL from one of the worst teams in the league is usually not going to yield much, but we need a boost right now and he is doing the job.  

• Like (+1) 2