Eric Robinson acquired by the Sabres from Columbus for a 2025 conditional 7th Round Pick

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

This is a classic case of, "remember that guy who was great against us? super tough to play against?". Last season, the Sabres blew the stuffing out of the Jackets in the TNT 6-goal game. The Blue Jackets won the revenge-game rematch, mainly because of this guy (and a hot goalie). 3 goals (1 ENG) and 3 hits; he was buzzing all game. Of course, he did it against an inconsistent, super-soft Sabres squad. So... great, he's automatically one of the toughest guys in the league by GM Sheevyn's standards.

On the positive-spin side, Robinson did have 10+ goals in back-to-back seasons in a bottom 6 role with Columbus, so maybe... just maybe... he helps the 4th line to do something (anything) for a few months. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

I also nominate him for the "join the team, get in a fight the first game to show you're the new sheriff in town; we're not soft anymore!" fight next game. I call it The Jost.

He does not fight.  No NHL fights that I can see.  

47 minutes ago, Standing Room Smoking Cigs said:

Don't get it... if it's 4th line player who goes?... Not that our 4th line is setting on the world on fire Do we move Z to recover a higher round pick? Do we move Krebs, salvaging a pick?.... I'm to the point where instead of watching the Sabres I'm just going to revert to childhood rubbing Elmer's glue on my hands, let it dry and eat it.. (I've been contemplating this for the last six years of the extended playoff drought)

Send Rosen back to Rochester where he can play on a top line and have fun.  When Girgs is back, wave Robinson... unless Robinson really clicks here.  Also, not sure if it's been discussed in this thread but apparently KO didn't participate in practice today; maybe he's banged up too (or maybe he's "banged up" as in he knows he's lost a step and he'd rather be banged up than healthy scratched).

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Ok before everyone throws a fit at this guys stats line

whats his game ? I don't need him to score goals.  I need him to forecheck, play with his hair on fire and help the skilled guys on this team grow some bigger 🥎🥎

Not gonna do that. 

He is filler.  

He is a bigger version of Jost but with less talent.  

Edited by Pimlach

In and of itself, I have no issue with this move.  If he can contribute as a gritty 4th line winger, fine.  As long as no goals are scored against while he's on the ice.  If this is the one and only move, and it's being used to justify a lack of additional moves, then yes, I have a problem with it.   A lot of folks were critical of the Greenway move and that one turned out OK.  My guess is that this is a depth guy who can provide some 4th line minutes while Zegmus is out and he probably didn't cost much (I'm guessing a 7th round pick or future considerations).

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

This is a classic case of, "remember that guy who was great against us? super tough to play against?". Last season, the Sabres blew the stuffing out of the Jackets in the TNT 6-goal game. The Blue Jackets won the revenge-game rematch, mainly because of this guy (and a hot goalie). 3 goals (1 ENG) and 3 hits; he was buzzing all game. Of course, he did it against an inconsistent, super-soft Sabres squad. So... great, he's automatically one of the toughest guys in the league by GM Sheevyn's standards.

On the positive-spin side, Robinson did have 10+ goals in back-to-back seasons in a bottom 6 role with Columbus, so maybe... just maybe... he helps the 4th line to do something (anything) for a few months. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

I also nominate him for the "join the team, get in a fight the first game to show you're the new sheriff in town; we're not soft anymore!" fight next game. I call it The Jost.

Leino had a good series vs the Sabres too.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Eric Robinson acquired by the Sabres from Columbus for a 2025 conditional 7th Round Pick
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Like I said: to make an actual dent in this year's results, GMKA needs to let go of one or more of his prized prospects for lesser talent with grit and more experience.  This is a waste of time.

You could probably trade Kulich for an entire 3rd line.