Eric Robinson acquired by the Sabres from Columbus for a 2025 conditional 7th Round Pick

Brawndo

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Let me sing you the ballad of Steve Beniers....

There is definitely something to a guys first few games with a new team. Especially midseason.  They come in all hopped up on adrenaline (maybe something else 😬) and pot a couple goals and blast a couple dudes.  Then fade away into the nether.  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

There is definitely something to a guys first few games with a new team. Especially midseason.  They come in all hopped up on adrenaline (maybe something else 😬) and pot a couple goals and blast a couple dudes.  Then fade away into the nether.  

A tale as old as time

25 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

That would be Crowe's job, to know what pro players are there and how they fit.   Probably gets assistance form analytics dept. 

Scraping up players in the AHL from one of the worst teams in the league is usually not going to yield much, but we need a boost right now and he is doing the job.  

He's mostly been in the NHL the last few years with Columbus, avg about 60 games or so. 

He has played some every year in the A though. 

His style fits a need though, like the article above says.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The anthem singer was more than kinda hot last night. And she nailed it. She knew people were there to see a hockey game and not five minutes of showboating.

That must have been the fastest I’ve ever heard the Canadian anthem sung.

It may even contribute to the team having a better start, not standing around too long, losing their energy, just throwing something at the wall here.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

That must have been the fastest I’ve ever heard the Canadian anthem sung.

It may even contribute to the team having a better start, not standing around too long, losing their energy, just throwing something at the wall here.

Not a bad thought.

Also did Don ditch the vest?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Yes - they are great until they fall into the ether of the franchise.

36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He probably has temperature sensitivity after chemotherapy and is more sensitive to the cold being that close to the ice. 

He dresses appropriately for it 

06ae982f9b810a79824dda7de5ac9079.gif

More seriously: Stick tap to @Brawndo. I do appreciate it. I've been clowning on that for a while. I had never entertained the possibility that there might be a good reason for the choice of clothing (let alone a serious one).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Acquiring players like Robinson should have been the offseason goal.  Resigning Girgs and Okie was an egregious error on Kevyn’s part.  I understand the vibes nonsense but this team needed to solidify their bottom 6.  

Only thing I’d say differently is that the goal should have been better players than KO, Z and Robinson.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Only I’d say differently is that the goal should have been better players than KO, Z and Robinson.

You mention this a lot, and I agree.  I really think that Adams has difficulty getting the level of veteran players you want because of where the team has been for so long.  It’s a hard sell to get the guys that Detroit got the last two seasons.  Ask Patrick Kane.  

14 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You mention this a lot, and I agree.  I really think that Adams has difficulty getting the level of veteran players you want because of where the team has been for so long.  It’s a hard sell to get the guys that Detroit got the last two seasons.  Ask Patrick Kane.  

Not getting Kane shouldn't be much of an issue assuming that Quinn can return to form in the near future. As you noted, it's clear that Buffalo isn't an appealing destination for a lot of players. That's the sad reality of that is a result of long-term franchise dysfunction and failure. Tuch should be back for the road trip and Greenway should be back soon. I'm not bothered by Kane going to Detroit. It is a good spot for him.