GDT: Flyers @ Sabres - November 3, 2023 - 7:00PM, NHLN/MSG-B📺WGR📻

Doohickie

13 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Who is not playing if Rousek is playing?  Hope Tuch is playing, we need him.  

Tuch quoted in another Tweet as saying he's ready to go. So maybe both Olofsson and Jost will sit and Biro and Rousek will play?

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Figured Jost would be the odd man out.  

It would've been very un-Granato-like to call a kid up and then not let him play in that next game.

Hoping going with UPL today and Levi tomorrow doesn't blow up in their faces.  If they went the opposite, felt good that they'd win both games this weekend.  Here's to hoping they still do.  🍻

33 minutes ago, Hank said:

Not happy about 6K playing tonight, I think they should have went with Levi and played 6K tomorrow. 

I think UPL deserves this game, he has earned the net because he is on a roll. Levi needs to earn some ice time so he gets the B2B second game.

This gives Levi one more day to rest up from his injury.

Levi grew up in Montreal, probably hates the Leafs and goes beast mode tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

Dude is more jacked than I thought.  Guess I’m not used to seeing the top of his head.  Seems like some of you are…😎

He looks younger in that picture, @PASabreFan snapped it in Carolina?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Hank said:

Not happy about 6K playing tonight, I think they should have went with Levi and played 6K tomorrow. 

It occurred to me that they would play Levi on the road, in Toronto, for HNIC because he's from/of MTL.

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

Dude is more jacked than I thought. 

Sexy muhfugger.

11 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Levi grew up in Montreal, probably hates the Leafs and goes beast mode tomorrow.

I thought the same. It could cut the other way too, of course. But I'm betting that the energy will help him lock in.

14 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I think UPL deserves this game, he has earned the net because he is on a roll. Levi needs to earn some ice time so he gets the B2B second game.

This gives Levi one more day to rest up from his injury.

He looks younger in that picture, @PASabreFan snapped it in Carolina?

Indeed, although there are nice beaches in Erie, PA.  Buffalo - not so much.

Of course, Levi hates The Great Satan - don't we all ??

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Figured Jost would be the odd man out.  

It would've been very un-Granato-like to call a kid up and then not let him play in that next game.

Hoping going with UPL today and Levi tomorrow doesn't blow up in their faces.  If they went the opposite, felt good that they'd win both games this weekend.  Here's to hoping they still do.  🍻

Going with the hot goalie is a tried and true NHL coaching technique.  If Levi were to lose tonight there would be lots of second guessing.  Especially if UPL returns to old UPL form against the sharp shooting Leaves.  

I think we are better off with a refreshed Levi versus the Leaves.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, freester said:

I’m assuming this game is not on ESPN PLUS. Ugh. I don’t get NHL network with you tube tv. So pissed. 😡 

I'm in the same boat as you.  Was hoping to watch tonight, but it won't happen.  I think ESPN+ gets more than 70 out of the 82 games, so I can't complain too much.  Maybe I'll spend some time with my wife and kids on a Friday night (while listening to the game on my phone through the WGR or some other app with the radio broadcast).

Losing NHL Network is one of the few downgrades I've experienced when moving from Directv to YouTubeTV.  On the flip side, there are many benefits, which outweigh these downgrades and I'm saving a good chunk of change every month.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

So maybe both Olofsson and Jost will sit

I'd rather KO sit than Jost right now. 

On second thought, I'd rather it be Krebs. I suspect the lines will be:

Greenway - Thompson - Biro
Skinner - Mitts - JJP
Rousek - Cozens - Tuch
Girgs - Krebs - Okposo

That's three solid lines and the fourth line that is going to continue to be a liability instead of a strength. I think Jost with Girgs and Okposo passes the eye test better than Krebs with Girgs and KO--and the fancy stats agree.

Edited by RochesterExpat
Sorry Krebs
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Going with the hot goalie is a tried and true NHL coaching technique.  If Levi were to lose tonight there would be lots of second guessing.  Especially if UPL returns to old UPL form against the sharp shooting Leaves.  

I think we are better off with a refreshed Levi versus the Leaves.  

There was no doubt that they were going to run with conventional wisdom as soon as the 1st Phlyer game was over.  They also probably are factoring in last year's TO game in Buffalo as well in their decision.

But, with that said, given the fact that tomorrow will be Levi's 1st game back since his injury from the 19th AND tonight is Black & Red against a bad opponent that is trending in the wrong direction with a backup goalie starting, would rather give Levi this game and trust that UPL can play well even if he isn't playing every single game.

I don't think it's even a question which goalie you start. The minute you sit the hot guy for the first game because it's "easier" or for any other reason, you're asking to lose both games. There are 2 points up to be claimed tonight and we need to do everything we can with the resources we have to get those two points. Tonight, that means starting UPL. We need to wipe the slate clean tomorrow and ask the same question, at which point the answer is "start Levi since UPL just played last night."

The only exception is an extreme - your starter is Ryan Miller, your backup is Patrick Lalime, you play the 29th place Panthers at home on Friday and the President's Trophy Winning Detroit Red Wings on the road on Saturday. When you have 3 goalies who are near the same level and one is playing well at the moment, you prioritize that one until you can't. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.