Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

No, that's not what I was saying. I think the Coyotes might be better than people expect. They played well. Jersey likely took them too lightly and they also had a little trouble against the Coyotes style. 

Jersey is still likely to be up there with Carolina, but they will have a harder time this year than they did last. 

I agree.  Arizona will probably be a little better.  More likely to be an 85 point team than a 65 point team.

18 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

No, that's not what I was saying. I think the Coyotes might be better than people expect. They played well. Jersey likely took them too lightly and they also had a little trouble against the Coyotes style. 

Jersey is still likely to be up there with Carolina, but they will have a harder time this year than they did last. 

They might be.. but that's the trouble with judging teams on a small sample size.  Even if we are seeing similar traits defensively from the Sabres we are not seeing their offense like we know it can play.  So, without the scoring it might be tough to judge the defense as they do have an impact on each other.  The Sabres are not controlling the puck well now and that takes pressure of the D.

We'll see where the season goes.  But the Sabres are digging a bigger hole every game they lose.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think you'll see the attendance go up once the weather turns foul.

Maybe sooner seeing as they are playing quite a bit better than last season, although it is only 2 games.

Buffalo is here around my birthday and the kids wanted to take me but I told them I wanted a good rod for trolling...

3 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

These are interesting numbers. What happened to Winnipeg? The fans give up already....again???

Hey, if the NHL tweets that out every game, could you post it here? It would be interesting to see the percentages for all the home games as they happen. 

Personally I would like to know where Buffalo ranks as far as home attendance throughout this season on a per game basis compared to other markets. 

👍🏼

32 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Nice W by Chicago tonight.  Perry, Hall and Bedard pp1 is weird.  

Matthews’ pace dropped by a goal per game. Reporters up here were talking 70+ goals and we’re only two games in. If he had scored tonight they probably would have said Gretzky’s 50 goals in 39 games was about to fall.

• Vomit 1

9 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Nice W by Chicago tonight.  Perry, Hall and Bedard pp1 is weird.  

Chicago looked really solid last night. Nothing like a team in position for #1 OA just a year ago.

Crazy end to the game too. Chi up 3-1 under 2mins left. TOR pulls goalie. Chi EN goal 4-1. Overturned. CHI 3-1. TOR scores under a minute left. 3-2. Goal overturned. 3-1 CHI. CHI w/EN 4-1 final.

Both those observations sum up pretty well what is the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1