In The Buff

Who do you start in net vs Florida?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you start?

• Devon Levi
    • Eric Comrie
    • UPL
    • Craig Anderson

i wasnt sure where to post this so i made this thread, but who does Meatballs start vs Florida?

Levi or Comrie? UPL hasnt been terrible vs Florida with a GAA of 3.04 and a save percentage of .909 versus the Panthers last time out, but he just played so if you're DG who do you start?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

Anderson single handedly beat Florida on Feb 24th. He will have been two weeks rested, and has had a few rough games recently, so is due a good one...

Also he is a vet and will have faced the pressure in the NHL before

yeah he did: https://www.yahoo.com/now/nhll-sabres-craig-anderson-41-years-old-53-save-win-vs-former-team-panthers-053449056.html

I've been leaning Levi or Comrie but you've given a compelling reason for Craig.

Put Levi in and give Anderson the backup role for this one.  IF somehow Levi has one of his extremely rare bad games, then they have the ancient vet to try to salvage the day.

But this season, this net is Levi's for the next 7 (btb's not withstanding).

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Put Levi in and give Anderson the backup role for this one.  IF somehow Levi has one of his extremely rare bad games, then they have the ancient vet to try to salvage the day.

But this season, this net is Levi's for the next 7 (btb's not withstanding).

Need the confused emoji back. Levi's never had an extremely bad game. He's only played one, and it was perty good.

• Haha (+1) 3

I went With Levi and I like that idea of having Anderson as the backup.

I want to see Levi down the stretch because I’m not 100% convinced that he needs Rochester.

He is a different cat and seems to have the mental part of the game figured out which all goalies need time to figure out. He said he signed because he felt he was ready for the NHL now. Give him a run in pressure games and see how he handles it. 

If they can figure out if he is ready now then that sets them up this offseason to figure out the rest of the plan and whether UPL or Comrie can be a trade chip.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Speaking of Anderson, normally he'd start in his "home town." I can't see that happening Tuesday. Now Eliotte Friedmann is talking about a "Farewell to the NHL game" for him on our final home game vs Ottawa.

He hasn’t even been practicing, doubt he plays in FLA.

• Like (+1) 2

Well it's a crap shoot for any of them. Any of them could play a great game and any of them could crap their pants just as well. So if it's a chance on any of them I go with the kid. The pressure of this game could be an issue for Levi just being his second nhl game and essentially our playoff hopes. But I believe the team will rally around him and give them a jump for this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

You start the goalie who gives the best chance to win.  Over the last month and a half, that's Comrie.  Over the last day and a half, that's Levi.  Which of those two looks better in practice?  (We won't know.)  That's whom to start.  I would not start UPL or Anderson.  I just don't see a reason to do so.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You start the goalie who gives the best chance to win.  Over the last month and a half, that's Comrie.  Over the last day and a half, that's Levi.  Which of those two looks better in practice?  (We won't know.)  That's whom to start.  I would not start UPL or Anderson.  I just don't see a reason to do so.

Okposo was on Sabres Live on Friday and mentioned He’s never faced a goalie who reacts to a shot as quick as Levi.  He also joked that Anderson gives you the opening to take a shot and then makes a 1980s save to take it away.

A Few Beat Reporters have mentioned He has been a wall in practice.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Start Levi against the team that traded him away (thankfully to us!).  We see former Sabre players have great nights against us....so why not enjoy the experience the way we want it to be....our player sticking it to his former team for a change.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

He's never played hockey before Friday night?  Really?

Forgive them. 

They have yet to figure out that “Devon Levi” and a “rookie goalie straight out college” aren’t the same thing.

• Devon Levi’s first 9 games in junior goals against: 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0
  • Devon Levi’s first 7 games for Team Canada goals against: 2, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 2
  • Devon Levi’s first 20 games in college goals against: 0, 0, 3, 5, 0, 5, 0, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 0, 2, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0.

He doesn’t have a history of struggling to make the jump.

Related, he hasn't had a problem with ups and downs either.

In the past 4 years he’s played 110 games. 

He’s allowed 4 goals just 10 times, 5 goals twice and 8 once.

97 times it’s 3 or less. 81 times 2 or less. In 110 games.

Inconsistency has not been an issue.

Edited by dudacek
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.