NHL Trade Deadline 2023

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sure call it whatever you want, I don't like giving up assets for bad hockey players, especially bad hockey players with term. 

Do you ever wonder if Adams has yet to pull the trigger on a minor upgrade to the defence because he’s been working his ass off for months a major one?

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Do you ever wonder if Adams has yet to pull the trigger on a minor upgrade to the defence because he’s been working his ass off for months a major one?

I've been wondering about that for two years.  Still waiting.  Hey if he gets a steal on Chychrun I'll be the first to post what a great get.  I'd love to see that skill set here for the next two-plus years. 

I understand why you think the Stillman deal is an insurance policy against KA failing to get any upgrades to this defense during this deadline period.  I understand what parts of the Stillman skill set intrigued KA (besides doing a friend a solid).  After all, it's the same skill set (with the same issues) that attracted him to Lyubishkin.  A pairing of Stillman and Lyubishkin also seems like a terrible idea.

However, getting a proven player in the 5 would be a better insurance policy.  That way if the big deal doesn't happen you still upgraded your team.  If the big deal does happen then you have upgraded both your 2nd and 3rd pairings and your depth.  Now, all we've done so far is added depth, but depth one hopes never plays.   

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Because Vegas is the new money version of the Rangers and they want to collect all the shiny baubles.

I dont understand what Vancouver is doing.

Adams should have gotten that pick bundled with Stillman if they were going to give it away.

6 minutes ago, Contempt said:

They had to replace Stillman. 😇

Hronek is a very good upgrade for them. He's top-4 capable with the right partner, but would be an excellent 5/6. It's Detroit I'm a bit surprised by. Two losses to Ottawa shouldn't have caused them to abort their run, but perhaps it did. Edvinsson is LHD and needs a spot next year, but Hronek's been very steady for them. He still has a year left on his deal and is RFA at the end.

13 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Because Vegas is the new money version of the Rangers and they want to collect all the shiny baubles.

Or Detroit

Did the give up on the playoff race, or are they going to flip the picks for something better, like Chychrun?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Or Detroit

Did the give up on the playoff race, or are they going to flip the picks for something better, like Chychrun?

Chychrun is the first thought I had as well (Detroit that is....is Steve Y trying to upgrade his D with Chychrun).

Edited by Carmel Corn

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Or Detroit

They have something like a 3% chance of making it.  I think they are just selling.  And that Isles pick could be decent which why I truly don't get Vancouver.  They DON'T need 2 lottery picks this year??

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

There is one big difference.  Tage has real talent while Stillman not so much. When your hope for him is that he becomes Lyubushkin, that's not really the result we are looking for.  

I think we need to give Granato and KA a chance with Stillman. I’m a huge proponent of the cream always rising to the top, but it certainly didn’t under RK. We forget Skinner was a 4th liner under him, Tage looked like hot garbage, and even Dahlin looked like a JAG. A coach and his system matters. I’m not saying Stillman is going to magically become an All-Star, but a decent 5/6 is a real possibility. Or, he could be a Bryson. We just don’t know. Fortunate for us, it takes many years for a D to properly develop and we certainly can’t rely on drafting one to help in the next few years. If this was the guy we drafted over Bloom, I think we would cut him some slack. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wtf is Vancouver doing? Or Detroit for that matter?

Detroit is going to get Chychrun...

And Vancouver will trade Myers and Demko to Buffalo...

It's as good a theory as any. 🙂

43 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I think we need to give Granato and KA a chance with Stillman. I’m a huge proponent of the cream always rising to the top, but it certainly didn’t under RK. We forget Skinner was a 4th liner under him, Tage looked like hot garbage, and even Dahlin looked like a JAG. A coach and his system matters. I’m not saying Stillman is going to magically become an All-Star, but a decent 5/6 is a real possibility. Or, he could be a Bryson. We just don’t know. Fortunate for us, it takes many years for a D to properly develop and we certainly can’t rely on drafting one to help in the next few years. If this was the guy we drafted over Bloom, I think we would cut him some slack. 

He’ll never be Bryson.  He’s over 5’7” tall and actual plays the body. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.