NHL Trade Deadline 2023

LGR4GM

6 hours ago, Billznut said:

Chychrun To Ottawa 

2023 first conditional 

2024 2nd

2026 2nd

Unconscionable not to match or slightly beat that deal! 

Guess we are supposed to enjoy 280 goals against the next few years 

What a joke. I would understand not doing that two-three years ago. But now? When we need a talented defenseman. And he’s there for the taking. When is that 2023 late first rounder going to be a star player for this team? 2026? 27? Is that what Adams is shooting for? 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Makes me think Vancouver was in on the Chychrun negotiations and when Ottawa nabbed him they panicked and went for plan B. Yzerman with the quick  pivot after the 2 losses to Ottawa. 

Could be, or even indirectly involved based on the price.

Don't get the trade from Vancouver's perspective though

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Could be, or even indirectly involved based on the price.

Don't get the trade from Vancouver's perspective though

A lot of Vancouver fans don't get it either as they want a rebuild. organization however insists it's not a rebuild it's a retool. The way they are going I'm glad we didn't bring Rutherford in as some wanted. They do seem a tad confused there. 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

A lot of Vancouver fans don't get it either as they want a rebuild. organization however insists it's not a rebuild it's a retool. The way they are going I'm glad we didn't bring Rutherford in as some wanted. They do seem a tad confused there. 

That’s my one fall back. At least we are not Pittsburgh or Vancouver. They both seem a tad confused as to who they are.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Was it even necessary Boston? I mean honestly, was it?

Boston did something stupid for a guy who will be a UFA this summer.  Let's enjoy it.  (Unfortunately, they helped out another division rival in the process.)

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Detroit with four picks in the first rounds of the next two drafts now.  You know some of them will hit.

They'll be a good opponent for Buffalo in 3 yrs or so I'd imagine. I didn't like the Larkin contract for them though, 8.7 for 8, I actually rubber salt in that one over on HF, pointing out Tage's contract is better 🤣 

It is stunning how many good players have moved, with the deadline still more than 24 hours away.

I haven’t had time to process everything, but in terms of the wild card, the Caps and Wings appear to have been sellers so far, the Islanders and Senators big buyers, the Pens smaller buyers, and the Sabres and Panthers have been quiet.

It will be interesting to see how this affects the race.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It is stunning how many good players have moved, with the deadline still more than 24 hours away.

I haven’t had time to process everything, but in terms of the wild card, the Caps and Wings appear to have been sellers so far, the Islanders and Senators big buyers, the Pens smaller buyers, and the Sabres and Panthers have been quiet.

It will be interesting to see how this affects the race.

The East is in an all out open arms race. It should make for an extremely violent playoff contest to get through the Eastern Conference playoffs. I'm looking forward to it 🤣 

15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

This I definitely don't like...

I'm happy we didn't do something like this I just don't like hes on Boston Wish he was out freaking West

Looking at the Bruins Cap Situation next year acquiring Orlov and Bertuzzi doesn’t concern me.

They have 13 skaters signed, they have 17.3 Million in cap space(this includes the overage they will pay for Krejci and Bergeron) 

Pasternak needs a new deal and probably comes in the same as McAvoy. 

And Swayman is a RFA too. I would trade one of the 2nds for Swayman’s Rights and Reilly as a cap dump 

56 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Looking at the Bruins Cap Situation next year acquiring Orlov and Bertuzzi doesn’t concern me.

They have 13 skaters signed, they have 17.3 Million in cap space(this includes the overage they will pay for Krejci and Bergeron) 

Pasternak needs a new deal and probably comes in the same as McAvoy. 

And Swayman is a RFA too. I would trade one of the 2nds for Swayman’s Rights and Reilly as a cap dump 

Pastrnak Extended in Boston. 11.25 AAV/Eight years

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.