NHL Trade Deadline 2023

LGR4GM

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

The main suitors for Chychrun (Edm and La) are now gone.   This should leave a clear path for the Sabres, as long as ARI comes over their ridiculous trade price 

They don't have to trade him, and if they're not going to get fair value for him, they shouldn't (just like the Sabres should have said FU to the league and to Hall a few years ago).

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They don't have to trade him, and if they're not going to get fair value for him, they shouldn't (just like the Sabres should have said FU to the league and to Hall a few years ago).

Hall was a UFA.  Better to get something than nothing I guess.  But with Chychrun they can try to trade him again in the off-season. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

Hall was a UFA.  Better to get something than nothing I guess.

I have disputed this since the day the deal was done, but this isn't the time or place, I suppose.  Still, as you note, there's no reason for Arizona to hurry.  

Our defense is an absolute trainwreck right. I changed my mind on the deadline and if admen like Chych doesn’t come around very often, we should probably take a swing at it. Would a 1st, top 3 prospect and a player get it done?

Edited by CallawaySabres

51 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think the better comparator is Jack. We didn’t have to trade him, but we all knew he wasn’t going to be a Sabre. I imagine Chychrun is thinking the same during his forced team vacation. They both had term left and they both had upcoming NTC coming up. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Our defense is an absolute trainwreck right. I changed my mind on the deadline and if admen like Chych doesn’t come around very often, we should probably take a swing at it. Would a 1st, top 3 prospect and a player get it done?

Judging from the McCabe deal, no, although the picks in that deal are delayed by two years or more.

16 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

A dmen like chych is not our fit though, we got 3 Lefties, no place for him in top 4 and he is injured a lot.   Let him go to the leafs and he can rehab with Muzzin all year.

I haven’t been on the Chychrun train at all. It seems too rich for a 3-4D.

Last night exposed the Sabres without Dahlin. Power tried but is not ready for 1D duty. The drop off to Mule, Joker, Boosh, Clague and Bryson is massive. I don’t want to sell the farm but if KA is the last man standing on Friday, he should take a good swing at Chychrun.

Just now, French Collection said:

I haven’t been on the Chychrun train at all. It seems too rich for a 3-4D.

Last night exposed the Sabres without Dahlin. Power tried but is not ready for 1D duty. The drop off to Mule, Joker, Boosh, Clague and Bryson is massive. I don’t want to sell the farm but if KA is the last man standing on Friday, he should take a good swing at Chychrun.

It doesn't have to be Chychrun but it has to be better than Stillman. There isn't anyone in the pipeline who could be in Buffalo next year except Johnson. We have to add defense from the outside or we will be yet another team with an obvious issue that just festers until it causes the death of another season. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It doesn't have to be Chychrun but it has to be better than Stillman. There isn't anyone in the pipeline who could be in Buffalo next year except Johnson. We have to add defense from the outside or we will be yet another team with an obvious issue that just festers until it causes the death of another season. 

It won’t be a wasted season. It will be another development year.  Come on it’s all part of the great KA plan.  How dare you question The Plan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I don’t see Chyckrun at the trade deadline.   KA is not gonna pay.  

I don’t see any more trades happening.   DG wanted Stillman.  They think they got a good player. 

I would love to be wrong about Stillman but these are the same people who thought Bush was a good signing.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

If Stillman can push Bryson and Clague down a rung it will be a good trade.

Your post brought back a sad memory, “we got Matt Irwin!”.

Do you realize Matt Irwin is in Washington’s top 6 this season and would be an upgrade for Bush, Clague, Bryson and Stillman. How sad is that ?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

42 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

CBJ doesn't make sense IMPO. They have a ton of defensive talent in the pipe that will be rolling in next season. Ottawa I could see but bleh and the Kings could easily make a trade with their pool of assets. If Buffalo is involved, I hope the 1st rounder is in 2024 because this 2023 draft class is really good. 

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

CBJ doesn't make sense IMPO. They have a ton of defensive talent in the pipe that will be rolling in next season. Ottawa I could see but bleh and the Kings could easily make a trade with their pool of assets. If Buffalo is involved, I hope the 1st rounder is in 2024 because this 2023 draft class is really good. 

Question, would you rather do ‘23 and not include Oslund or ‘24 and include him?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.