NHL Trade Deadline 2023

LGR4GM

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Quick comes off the bench with the VGK trailing LAK in game 2 of the series. Already down 1-0 in the series and trailing 3-0 after one in game 2....  can Quick exact vengeance on his old team? Could be a fun playoff.

How many 1st and 2nd round picks does VGK give up for a backup goalie?

Eichel and a 1st in 2023.  😉

• Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I'm guessing a goalie, just so much smoke around net minding. I'm going to take a stab at it. With Nashville selling, I'm guessing Saros, who only has 3 seasons left on his deal, doesn't make sense for him to stick around while the Preds develop their freshly acquired draft picks. Probably a defenseman coming in the package as well, I'll say RHD, either Fabbro or Carrier.

Just don’t get your sights set too high.

Gibson would be far more likely, and far less likely to get people excited.

I think a goalie upgrade is the biggest need and such an obvious step we haven’t talked about it much.

It also has the potential to give us the biggest boost.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Just don’t get your sights set too high.

Gibson would be far more likely, and far less likely to get people excited.

I think a goalie upgrade is the biggest need and such an obvious step we haven’t talked about it much.

It also has the potential to give us the biggest boost.

And IF a legit goalie add is in the works, could see why Adams wouldn't want this year's 1st included in a package for Chychrun.  Would much rather have Saros than Chychrun even though the overall cost would be (significantly) higher.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And IF a legit goalie add is in the works, could see why Adams wouldn't want this year's 1st included in a package for Chychrun.  Would much rather have Saros than Chychrun even though the overall cost would be (significantly) higher.

What would someone like Saros cost us?  

Just now, Mr. Allen said:

What would someone like Saros cost us?  

If it follows the Nashville Jeannot trade:  2024 1st, 2025 2nd, 2026 3rd, 2027 4th, 2028 5th, 2029 1st, etc.

Just Saros? I'd say Comrie or UPL, conditional 2023 protected 1st, Rosen or Kisakov, and a 3rd.   I was drafting up a goalie instead of the other 1st.

5 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Was it even necessary Boston? I mean honestly, was it?

Yes. Hall on LTIR and Foligno on IR. Actual injuries too, not salary cap shenanigans. Someone like Bertuzzi became necessary given all the moves from Toronto and Tampa with those 2 out long term. 

I'm just amazed at how fast Yzerman pivots. Whether he makes the right moves or wrong ones (time will tell) the guy is definitely on the job and working hard.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.