GDT: Sabres @ Panthers - Feb. 24, 2023, 7pm, MSG, WGR

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Nope...they played better against Winnepeg where they held them to like 10 shots halfway thru the 3rd period. 

I don't remember that game in detail but it's not the impression I had. The team structure has just grown by leaps and bounds and now the results are starting to show. 

I also think it is scary how good Power might become cause this is sort of his floor and he's nowhere near typical maturity age for a D man. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I wouldn’t have expected that.  I thought he was busy but didn’t have to make any great saves. Was really surprised when they said he faced 50

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Defensively, that was without a doubt the best game the Sabres have played since something back in the Bylsma era (when they could play some decent D, they just couldn't score). Yes, there were a lot of shots, but a lot of sight lines were clear and for the most part they cleared the front and the rebounds.

My eye test has me in the “50 shots doesn't tell the real story.” In my mind’s eye, I’m recalling a dozen or so (?) shots from above the faceoff circles that Anderson easily swallowed up.

But, on reflection, I’m okay with him having stolen a regulation win as well.

I don’t know how to read those heat maps … but I’d still like to see a shot distribution chart.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't remember that game in detail but it's not the impression I had. The team structure has just grown by leaps and bounds and now the results are starting to show. 

I also think it is scary how good Power might become cause this is sort of his floor and he's nowhere near typical maturity age for a D man. 

In that game Winnipeg literally could not get in the Sabres zone without being swarmed by 2 or 3 players and turning the puck over. They looked like a pee wee team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

goals above expected

There’s something to this, imo. In the microcosm, anyway.

Anderson played great. He was on the ice for all 60 minutes. The “goals saved above expected” has a way of almost writing him out of the game recap.

Now - over the long(er) haul? It’s a stat worth watching. Because he (or any goalie) ain’t doing that most nights.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Anderson played great. He was on the ice for all 60 minutes. The “goals saved above expected” has a way of almost writing him out of the game recap.

Now - over the long(er) haul? It’s a stat worth watching. Because he (or any goalie) ain’t doing that most nights.

Who says... he could just reset the parameters.

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Maybe, some of the new analytic stats are too much for me. You can tell more about the team and players by just watching....Yes, I'm old

I watched the game late last night. What a good showing against a cocky team.

Anderson was superb, just giving off a great vibe. He needs more games.

Dahlin needs to crush Verhaege next game, that was a cheap shot I hope Rasmus is good for Sunday.

Sabres top line is a force. Tage’s playmaking is underrated and he can do so much more when the opponent doesn’t know if he will shoot, dangle or pass. Tuch is so fast and works his butt off. Skinner is a dual threat now too, this is the best year of his career.

That PP pass by Power was sweet, a play like that will make other teams worry about more than the TNT one timer.

Krebs has so much heart, it has to pump the team up.

VO is not scoring and the rest of his game is exposed.

Need to get Cozens going again. JJP needs a goal so badly.

I hope we don’t need Bryson again, I feel we are vulnerable whenever he is out there.

The goaltending choices for DG will be interesting going forward. Anderson has had two solid outings in a row. Comrie was meh but has won three in a row. UPL has been on a slide but has won the most games.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

11 hours ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Wow! 

Anderson!!! 

And, man, I love this team! They still have needs, IMO, but I also loved the end. F*** Tkachuk! Skinner did nothing wrong. It’s not like he is sitting there on the ice looking up at the clock! He was shooting as the buzzer went off. 

But how about Cozens and Krebs going after him! You gotta love both those guys. I love the feistiness of Krebs and Cozens both. Hell yeah! 

I look forward to both getting more’Man strength’. They will then be able to F w Chukkie and put him on his a$$

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Unless they are an above average goalie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.