GDT: Sabres @ Panthers - Feb. 24, 2023, 7pm, MSG, WGR

LGR4GM

Wow! 

Anderson!!! 

And, man, I love this team! They still have needs, IMO, but I also loved the end. F*** Tkachuk! Skinner did nothing wrong. It’s not like he is sitting there on the ice looking up at the clock! He was shooting as the buzzer went off. 

But how about Cozens and Krebs going after him! You gotta love both those guys. I love the feistiness of Krebs and Cozens both. Hell yeah! 

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

Kings hang on to win over the Isles 3-2.  

set your sight on #7 boys!

Definitely.  But they'd be better off ending up in 8th rather than 7th.  Boston is a much better matchup for them than Carolina.  Even though Boston is the better team.

1 minute ago, TheAud said:

I get it. 
Just a weird time to complain about goaltending right after a fifty save game.

For me the timing makes sense because it’s a reminder for those that need it of what nhl goalies believe it or not ARE allowed to do: provide positive value 

ie see linked tweet above 

or the memes and tweets or whatever. It’s up there

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

We have a pretty damn good team right now and still have the #1 farm system in the league. Just don’t get people’s issues with KA. Imagine this team 2-3 years down the road…and they’re building towards long term contention.

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I am so pleased with them. Winning back-to-back against vs Tampa and Florida 

Florida post game guys giving Sabres lots of credit.  Especially Adams and Granato.  

You guys that complain about these guys are just wrong.  We finally have something good going 

100% right 

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I wouldn’t have expected that.  I thought he was busy but didn’t have to make any great saves. Was really surprised when they said he faced 50

Credit to him, he was cool and made it look a lot easier than it actually was 

time to ramp up his usage down the stretch. He probably has the rest of his life to rest after this season 

20 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am so pleased with them. Winning back-to-back against vs Tampa and Florida 

Florida post game guys giving Sabres lots of credit.  Especially Adams and Granato.  

You guys that complain about these guys are just wrong.  We finally have something good going 

It's amazing how people jump to a dire response after a bad game. The tandem of Adams and Granato have done an exceptional job in a relatively short period of time. Sometimes it is difficult to put things in perspective when caught up in the emotion of the present. 

I didn't think that the Sabres would win both games in Florida. So I'm ecstatic about the two wins. What this team needs to do is play better at home. If they do, that will solidify their playoff position. The Washington game at home is a big game. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

For me the timing makes sense because it’s a reminder for those that need it of what nhl goalies believe it or not ARE allowed to do: provide positive value 

ie see linked tweet above 

or the memes and tweets or whatever. It’s up there

Again, I get it.

Just trying to enjoy the moment.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Wow! 

Anderson!!! 

And, man, I love this team! They still have needs, IMO, but I also loved the end. F*** Tkachuk! Skinner did nothing wrong. It’s not like he is sitting there on the ice looking up at the clock! He was shooting as the buzzer went off. 

But how about Cozens and Krebs going after him! You gotta love both those guys. I love the feistiness of Krebs and Cozens both. Hell yeah! 

Good ole Canadian boys as Don Cherry used to say 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They'd be better off making the playoffs. 

Which is why they target 7th next.  And should they get there, then put the Loafs in the sights.  And should they get there, go get the Bolts.  The higher in the standings they are, the more room for error they gain. 

But, between 7th and 8th exclusively 8th is the better slot for them.

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Sabres 40-28 lead in face offs.  We also had more hits. 

No doubt the Sabres were tired and were outshot in the 2nd and 3rd. But they got that critical 3rd goal. 

Mitts was making hits tonight.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Definitely.  But they'd be better off ending up in 8th rather than 7th.  Boston is a much better matchup for them than Carolina.  Even though Boston is the better team.

Or they could go on a serious streak and catch Tampa. Just picture that one, a 7 game series with nothing but road games. But hey, we’d be guaranteed to win it in 7. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Defensively, that was without a doubt the best game the Sabres have played since something back in the Bylsma era (when they could play some decent D, they just couldn't score). Yes, there were a lot of shots, but a lot of sight lines were clear and for the most part they cleared the front and the rebounds. Team win all the way. 

They do not look like a team firing on all cylinders. The Barkov injury obviously hampers them, but imo we were simply better and we wanted it more. 

I don't want to over analyze too much, as I'm just happy tonight. It's been a long time coming and maybe we are finally getting there. 

Side notes - Reinhart lost every board battle he was in and just floated around the net like the butterfly he is. My favourite moment of the night was "Reinhart with the giveaway". Add that to Rob Ray's "the egos are no longer in the room" and I'm just smiling. 

I think I will be smiling all night. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.