GDT: Sabres @ Panthers - Feb. 24, 2023, 7pm, MSG, WGR

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to GDT: Sabres @ Panthers Feb. 24, 2023, 7pm, MSG, WGR
  • nfreeman pinned this topic
  • LGR4GM changed the title to GDT: Sabres @ Panthers - Feb. 24, 2023, 7pm, MSG, WGR

Biggest game of the season so far. A regulation win leapfrogs us over three teams we've been chasing and puts us in the last wildcard spot. 

We have two games left vs FLA, NYI and WSH, all teams we're vying for so these 6 games will be crucial down the stretch.

Go Sabres, go Kings (who are playing NYI).

• Like (+1) 3

Panthers laugh at the Sabres after Gudas goes knee to knee on Tuch. After the scrum, DG puts out Krebs and he proceeds to pitchfork Gudas over the glass and knock two teeth out of Tkachuk’s mouth in a battle of power forwards.

Sabres average size grows to 6’3” 210 instantly.

They win 5-3, Dahlin with 4 points while Quinn scores 2.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully we see UPL come out and send out a positive response to the Leafs game, and then build on that.

I see this game going two ways, either we keep it competitive, probably blow a 2-goal lead in the 3rd and squeak out another OT win 

OR

We completely ***** the bed again like we did against Toronto, which I'm inclined to think is more probable than option A. It seems like every time we have a big game like this they play like garbage and it's all doom and gloom here, rightfully so. 

Edited by Mustache of God

19 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Which turnstile is getting dropped between the pipes tonight? Gotta be UPL, right? 

18 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

I feel Anderson gives us the best chance to win this one. And that's kinda sad. Sure wish we had a true number one goalie that could take over and win crucial games. I know, beating a dead horse.

18 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I’m hoping for Anderson.

Personally would prefer Anderson as well.  Expecting it'll be UPL.  If he has his head into it, it'll be ok.  Not positive it will be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.