GDT: Sabres @ Panthers - Feb. 24, 2023, 7pm, MSG, WGR

LGR4GM

31 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Defensively, that was without a doubt the best game the Sabres have played since something back in the Bylsma era (when they could play some decent D, they just couldn't score). Yes, there were a lot of shots, but a lot of sight lines were clear and for the most part they cleared the front and the rebounds. Team win all the way. 

They do not look like a team firing on all cylinders. The Barkov injury obviously hampers them, but imo we were simply better and we wanted it more. 

I don't want to over analyze too much, as I'm just happy tonight. It's been a long time coming and maybe we are finally getting there. 

Side notes - Reinhart lost every board battle he was in and just floated around the net like the butterfly he is. My favourite moment of the night was "Reinhart with the giveaway". Add that to Rob Ray's "the egos are no longer in the room" and I'm just smiling. 

I think I will be smiling all night. 

Nope...they played better against Winnepeg where they held them to like 10 shots halfway thru the 3rd period. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

After last night, I won't be too upset if they could not pull it together tonight. I mean, this is the exact game situation where the have fallen pretty flat over the years. It would not seem real if they somehow managed to get this win and move into 8th. Although I would be ecstatic to get 2 points, I will not let my emotions get the best of me if it is a trainwreck. Wouldn't it be something though if this group could actually pull it off????? With Anderson in net.....

It Could Work Gene Wilder GIF

He was ALWAYS the chosen one!

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Legend. 

How does anyone not love that dude.

He'll be the oldest goalie to win his first Stanly Cup later this year.  ❤️

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

It does not. Why? Because we haven't made the playoffs yet. Be happy, but focus. 

You know that the "focus" of this message forum doesn't affect the team's results.... right?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FiXCzeR said:

Called it. Bravo good sir

2 hours ago, Kristian said:

***** off, Tkachuk.

2 hours ago, Stads said:

Krebs taking the first swings! I love this kid

2 hours ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Tkachuk is such a fake tough guy. Tries to start *****, as soon as somebody stands up to him, notice how he backpedals. Been that way his whole career. 

I had no problem with Tkachuk tonight. This just seemed like a case of his reputation preceding him. I thought he actually pulled up on Skinner. He let him him know that he wasn't happy with the shot, but he certainly didn't overstep his douchebaggery. He just did what you would expect from a guy on the losing side. Krebs just let him know that no amount of pushback was going to be tolerated.

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Time to send UPL down? 

The way Anderson talked after the game i doubt it. He kept mentioning how all 3 will need to play roles in this run, how they all will have to work off each other, help each other and get better because of each other. Adams always talks about how he includes the vets and team leaders into discussion making, and also drove to Comrie's house and spend time with him when they told him he was going to go to Rochester on assignment, i highly doubt Anderson doesn't know the plan.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.