GDT: Sabres @ Panthers - Feb. 24, 2023, 7pm, MSG, WGR

LGR4GM

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

So you're talking 3 games though, one of which was a .938 SV% in a loss to Ottawa.

Really the only stinker was the Chicago game. He wasn't good against Philly, but the guys in front of them were terrible.

Maybe he's been a little rusty.

Not debating your point at all, but am I the only one who was shocked to see the shot count last night?

From my recliner that sure didn't feel like 27 shots in the 3rd.

The stat quality control in-arenas is terrible - for such a big league it’s pretty embarrassing /amateur hour. We so often hear about how teams rely on their own stats - I don’t think the stats are always accurate in fact I think they are often not. Studies have shown there’s home bias

Dahlin had an assist yesterday that they just randomly decided not to credit. He had one the game before too. Maybe no one cares but on a site where we break down the minutia between players, in a league where “points pay” and we are looking for Dahlin to win a Norris..it’s just kinda dumb. Extra shots for the home team are par for the course 

whatever 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Believer said:

I can… VO has elevated his D zone game lately… He back checks and jumps into board scrums instead of standing around the right circle looking for a pass to unload his one-timer… He’s not scoring like he did, but he is contributing… His goals will come again… He is a streaky goal scorer… Granato gets credit for developing VO into a more complete player, imo

Thank you 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Believer said:

I can… VO has elevated his D zone game lately… He back checks and jumps into board scrums instead of standing around the right circle looking for a pass to unload his one-timer… He’s not scoring like he did, but he is contributing… His goals will come again… He is a streaky goal scorer… Granato gets credit for developing VO into a more complete player, imo

I do not see that, I see turnovers and I am getting jumpy about team defense, it needs more priority to help this team make the playoffs.  I will watch him closer.  

Edited by Pimlach

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I do not see that, I see turnovers and I am getting jumpy about team defense, it need more priority to make the playoffs.  I will watch him closer.  

Mitts has improved along the wall but VO is a liability to my eyes. He gets the puck near the blue line and struggles to get it out or to an open man.
He doesn’t want to muck it up to move the rubber a few feet across a strip of blue paint that causes the opponent to vacate your zone. He is not a big guy but there are ways to sneak it out or position your body to shield the puck to give yourself a chance.

I can overlook this when he is scoring but that has dried up. Hopefully he can warm up again. Maybe KA was hoping an empty netter would light a match.

10 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Mitts has improved along the wall but VO is a liability to my eyes. He gets the puck near the blue line and struggles to get it out or to an open man.
He doesn’t want to muck it up to move the rubber a few feet across a strip of blue paint that causes the opponent to vacate your zone. He is not a big guy but there are ways to sneak it out or position your body to shield the puck to give yourself a chance.

I can overlook this when he is scoring but that has dried up. Hopefully he can warm up again. Maybe KA was hoping an empty netter would light a match.

The question I always come back to is, what does Olofsson give you when he isn't scoring?

17 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I am getting jumpy about team defense, it needs more priority to help this team make the playoffs. 

Agree… Excited to see how we play today… After the Toronto debacle, looks like Granato tweaked his strategy to playoff mode… Speed, Scoring, Checking… Winning board battles and face-offs… A more complete game… This is playoff hockey… Great test today… Break the home curse against another wild card contender… The race is on…

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.