GDT: Leafs @ Sabres, Feb 21, 2023, 7:30 pm; ESPN

Derrico

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Some people who pay $200 for cable TV don't want to pay more. Some don't have the equipment or savvy to stream.

I would highly recommend at least looking into the feasibility of cutting the cord. One of my favorite websites to recommend is https://www.suppose.tv/tv

Go there, put in the channels you can't live without, and it'll come back with your cheapest cordcutting option.  For example, I put in the Buffalo ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX channels, plus MSG/MSG+, and it recommends DirecTV Stream Choice for $90 + tax (Link). The money saved in one month could be used to buy a Roku HD or similar device, if you don't have the hardware to watch directly with your TV.

Even if you decide to stick with your cable package, you could potentially leverage this price with your cable company for a better bill.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

The Sabres last played a primetime game on TV that is accessible to most fans on Feb. 1.  Since then, there has been one Saturday afternoon game that I would presume conflicted with things for a lot of people, and there have been three games that are unwatchable for most of the fan base because of the late start times.  And then they put tonight's game on Hulu.  Smart, NHL.  Real smart.

Sad Baby GIF

2 hours ago, nucci said:

I like him

ROR - F*ck him and the horse he rode into Tim Horton’s on.  This Delta Bravo deserves an Eichel-like anti-hero welcome.  My only concern is too many seats are purchased by Leaf faithful from across the border, so the boos will be drowned out.  

Just win, baby.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

JJ should be on the 3rd line not quinn

Don’t look at the lines in that way. Unless Peterka impresses early, Quinn is gonna get more ice time anyway. That said, I agree that Quinn shouldn’t be on that line because VO does nothing to help the Cozens line. 

This game is not yet a sellout. 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

The Sabres last played a primetime game on TV that is accessible to most fans on Feb. 1.  Since then, there has been one Saturday afternoon game that I would presume conflicted with things for a lot of people, and there have been three games that are unwatchable for most of the fan base because of the late start times.  And then they put tonight's game on Hulu.  Smart, NHL.  Real smart.

This game was scheduled before the season began. 

1 hour ago, Contempt said:

6-4 Loaves

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

5-4 Toronto wins in a shootout, ROR because buffalo 

If we are in the game after the first period we will win.   We need a great start. 

We cannot let the Huns take Rome! 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Umm, is the answer that you look at the schedule and see what other games are going to which network and at what times games are being played?

This wasn't decided in a vacuum.

No, but no one thought the Sabres would be contending for the playoffs in September either. This game looked like a throwaway, other than being the QEW rivalry.  Well get ready to be mad at least 4 more times this season.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

JJ should be on the 3rd line not quinn

It's a promotion through demotion. Quinn is going to have a bigger** impact playing with Mitts and Krebs and JJ will stay in a more sheltered role.

**meaning outsized compared to his linemates

Edited by RochesterExpat

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

How do I predict a three week hole in watchable games?  By looking at the draft schedule.

I don't know what to tell you. There are only 31 other NHL teams that have the same issue. It's what Gary Bettman signed up for. I assume the money was worth it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No, but no one thought the Sabres would be contending for the playoffs in September either. This game looked like a throwaway, other than being the QEW rivalry.  Well get ready to be mad at least 4 more times this season.

Whether it was a "throwaway" or not, and there is no ####ing way it is viewed as a throwaway in WNY where people can only watch it on ESPN+ you still have set up a near 3 week span with no evening games watchable on TV in the home market.  That is horrible planning.

ESPN is using this as a way to goose its  ESPN+ Subscriber base.  Which is their perogative, but it still stinks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.