GDT: Leafs @ Sabres, Feb 21, 2023, 7:30 pm; ESPN

Derrico

22 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Jerry Seinfeld has never had a really good pickle, just as I have never had a really good meatball.

And f**k the Maple Loops!!!

image.png.4e14e157fdbe567bd41971093df109af.png

photo - Maple Leaves at morning skate in Buffalo   

I think we will be ready tonight. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

I think this is a team we can play better against... They do not forecheck or play defense. Now, can we score more? I think so..... I am worried more about the heavy forechecking teams then the laffs. Lets go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure that Toronto is one of the best defensive teams this season. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Some people who pay $200 for cable TV don't want to pay more. Some don't have the equipment or savvy to stream.

It's just a poor way of treating your fans.

These are dicey times. A time of transition. My sense is that “cable” is on its way out. Everything will soon be streamable, including regional networks like MSG. Then these properties will be bundled into various streaming packages … which will bring us back to something resembling “cable.” Idk - just guessing.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

incredible there are still blackout rules in professional sports

So stupid.

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Jerry Seinfeld has never had a really good pickle, just as I have never had a really good meatball.

And f**k the Maple Loops!!!

The key to a good meatball:

- use a 50/50 mix of ground beef and ground pork 

- mix a decent amount of ground parmesan in with the meat, egg, bread crumbs and seasoning before rolling up.

- don’t make them too big.  They should be slightly smaller than golf balls.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

- mix a decent amount of ground parmesan in with the meat, egg, bread crumbs and seasoning before rolling up.

Also, I cool off some sauce that I'm cooking and mix that in with the rest, then finish cooking in said homeade Sunday sauce... So tender and yummy. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Pretty sure that Toronto is one of the best defensive teams this season. 

Yup. Everyone keeps thinking that Toronto is an offensive juggernaut with no defense, but that's hasn't been the case for years now. Sure, they've yet to get far into the playoffs with the current core (Tampa and Carey Price can do that sometimes), but they're not just an offensive dynamo anymore. (It's why I'm happy the Sabres are an elite scoring team with the kids... the defense will improve over the years.)

NHL Goals Allowed rankings for Toronto: 2022-23: 6th (current); 2021-22: 18th (with very shaky goaltending); 2020-21: 7th.

Sure, back in 2019-20 they were 27th in goals against, but that was a long time ago in a galaxy when the Sabres were icing lineups with the likes of Bogosian, Sobotka, and Dalton Smith.

3 hours ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

I think this is a team we can play better against... They do not forecheck or play defense. Now, can we score more? I think so..... I am worried more about the heavy forechecking teams then the laffs. Lets go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not this year's Leafs.

Very curious to see how we match up. They schooled us in the fall.

55 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

a few secrets from Punch's kitchen:

You can even use ground veal in the beef and pork mix.  

1.  get the breadcrumbs moist with milk (make them mushy not soupy) and then fold them into the mix, this keeps the final product moist.  Use fresh parsley that you just finely chopped along with your seasonings.  Fresh, not dry bottled green flecks that have no flavor.  

2.  Don't make then too big and don't keep forming and pressing them tight.  form the ball and move on.  

3.  I quickly brown the outsides in a frying pan of hot olive oil, then put them into my pasta sauce that is cooking down.  They should be ready to eat in an hour using this method so if your are cooking down the sauce for longer than that then take them out to prevent overcooking (which dries them out).  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.