GDT: Leafs @ Sabres, Feb 21, 2023, 7:30 pm; ESPN

Derrico

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Some people who pay $200 for cable TV don't want to pay more. Some don't have the equipment or savvy to stream.

It's just a poor way of treating your fans.

Consider cutting the cable chord PA.   Youtube TV has all the basic cable crap on it, including local channels, for about $65, not $200.   You do need to have  good wifi in your house for it to be worthwhile.  I assume your internet provider has good service and you have a good router to get a strong wifi signal?  

If you don't have a newer Smart TV that plays these Apps you can buy a Roku or a Firestick for about $30 bucks to stream the apps - you just connect it to a spare HDMI input on your TV.  

I get your concerns but technology moves on and you either get caught up or stay behind forever.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Consider cutting the cable chord PA.   Youtube TV has all the basic cable crap on it, including local channels, for about $65, not $200.   You do need to have  good wifi in your house for it to be worthwhile.  I assume your internet provider has good service and you have a good router to get a strong wifi signal?  

If you don't have a newer Smart TV that plays these Apps you can buy a Roku or a Firestick for about $30 bucks to stream the apps - you just connect it to a spare HDMI input on your TV.  

I get your concerns but technology moves on and you either get caught up or stay behind forever.  

I recently dropped directv for youtube tv and disney bundle. Saving a lot of money and get more stuff. Really like youtube tv

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

Why would you figure I would? Have you ever met me? Ever talk to me? Don't know him personally. never met him. meant as a player but you knew that

You said you like him, I figured you would like him as a player because he is a very good player.   I just wondered if you met him or knew him personally.   Buffalo is a small town, it is not unusual to met and know Sabres and Bills.   Sounded like you might know him from your comment.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

You said you like him, I figured you would like him as a player because he is a very good player.   I just wondered if you met him or knew him personally.   Buffalo is a small town, it is not unusual to met and know Sabres and Bills.   Sounded like you might know him from your comment.   

No, just as a player..even before he was a Sabre

13 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

YouTube TV doesn’t have MSG 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This is not a game where Sabes fans should hope we just show up and compete, this is a game for this team to show the fans what they can really be. Stop sucking at home and give the fans a W for the biggest game of the year. I don't want to hear they were holding their sticks too tight, they were not well rested, they were over-rested...just go and give the fans what they have been waiting for the last 10 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

But no Sabres games.

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

YouTube TV doesn’t have MSG 

Correct.  I am talking about replacing Cable for Youtube TV (~$60/month)   - provided you have good/strong wifi and the TV hardware needed.  

So if you are not in Buffalo/WNY viewing area, like @PASabreFan for example, you can add the Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle for $12.99 (or ESPN+ alone for $9.99) and you are still paying less much than half of his $200 cable bill (which I assume has MSG).  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This is not a game where Sabes fans should hope we just show up and compete, this is a game for this team to show the fans what they can really be. Stop sucking at home and give the fans a W for the biggest game of the year. I don't want to hear they were holding their sticks too tight, they were not well rested, they were over-rested...just go and give the fans what they have been waiting for the last 10 years.

So true.   There is no excuse to not come out pumped up and get the Buffalo Crowd into the game.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Correct.  I am talking about replacing Cable for Youtube TV (~$60/month)   - provided you have good/strong wifi and the TV hardware needed.  

So if you are not in Buffalo/WNY viewing area, like @PASabreFan for example, you can add the Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle for $12.99 (or ESPN+ alone for $9.99) and you are still paying less much than half of his $200 cable bill (which I assume has MSG).  

I’m pretty sure our friend PA is in the Buffalo blackout area.  ESPN+ does him no good.

48 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I don't believe Youtube TV has MSG, or am I wrong on that? As somebody who lives in the capital region, Fubo has fit the bill pretty well for me for that reason. They don't have TNT, but I don't really need it much and I have Kodi on my firestick to watch whatever I want. 

I cut the cord forever ago and I hate it. Well I hate the cost of consuming TV in general. For all the crying everybody did 20 years ago to piece out their cable subscriptions for "stuff I want", the cost is astronomical. $65 for Fubo/Youtube plus Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, Paramount, Peacock, Apple TV, etc. I pay waaaaay more now for "cable" than I ever did when I just went through Spectrum, Time Warner, DirecTV etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Thanks for trying though.

There is internet radio?  Or you can break out the old AM Radio and tune it to WGR 55.  You might need really good antenna.

Or you can call this guy, he is a communications expert. 

image.png.97ca7da83e9b72afffd0e7808d2fda7c.png

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.