GDT: Leafs @ Sabres, Feb 21, 2023, 7:30 pm; ESPN

Derrico

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know what to tell you. There are only 31 other NHL teams that have the same issue. It's what Gary Bettman signed up for. I assume the money was worth it.

I mean, all I said was an implication that this is stupid.  Which it is.  I have no idea whether the other 31 teams have the same issue.  I didn't reach out to you for advice, did I?

Decided to invite a friend over for Mighty Tom’s Spaghetti & Meatballs dinner… and coughed up the $9.99 plus tax for ESPN+… Cancel before 3/23 No penalty … Cheap ticket… Want to watch the boys win this big game… Send Toronto home on a quiet bus… 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Believer said:

Decided to invite a friend over for Mighty Tom’s Spaghetti & Meatballs dinner… and coughed up the $9.99 plus tax for ESPN+… Cancel before 3/23 No penalty … Cheap ticket… Want to watch the boys win this big game… Send Toronto home on a quiet bus… 

Wait, Golisano is making you dinner?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

amen. 

If you don't live in WNY EPSN+ for $9.99/mo is the way to go.   You can get it bundled with Hulu and Disney+.  

No pre and post Sabres games but you get almost all the NHL games too.   

No! I will not yield. You say I will get almost all the NHL games. That's my complaint. I get most of the NHL games on Center Ice. But there are a select few games when I am shut off. More often than not it is this type of desirous games that is not available to me. BS, BS and BS!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

No! I will not yield. You say I will get almost all the NHL games. That's my complaint. I get most of the NHL games on Center Ice. But there are a select few games when I am shut off. More often than not it is this type of desirous games that is not available to me. BS, BS and BS!

I have Center Ice as well… but decided $10 for each of the games I’m shut out is still a deal for three hours of Sabre entertainment… though listening on WGR 550 brings back memories of listening to Sabre games as a young guy.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Just get ESPN+ for two months.  It will cost you $20 total (you might get first month free even), ya friggin cheapskates.

Hell no, you irresponsible spendthrifts! I will never be a fraudulent elitist who smothers their sandwich with Grey Poupon mustard or spend extra for a service that I am entitled to.  Never! I'm a member of the peasant class. And I'm proud of it!

https://www.amazon.com/Grey-Poupon-Dijon-Mustard-16-0/dp/B00CJ8K9KW

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

I think this is a team we can play better against... They do not forecheck or play defense. Now, can we score more? I think so..... I am worried more about the heavy forechecking teams then the laffs. Lets go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, provided we get good goaltending.  

2 minutes ago, Believer said:

I have Center Ice as well… but decided $10 for each of the games I’m shut out is still a deal for three hours of Sabre entertainment… though listening on WGR 550 brings back memories of listening to Sabre games as a young guy.

No! I will not yield on my principles. I may tune on WGR. 

2 minutes ago, Believer said:

Not with Dunleavy and Ray. Ray talks during the play and Dunleavy doesn't know how to say SCORE when there's a goal. RJ on the radio was great

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Ok.  Don’t yield. 

Jimmy Fallon Ok GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Edited by Pimlach

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I didn't reach out to you for advice, did I?

No but you just keep yammering on about what you don't like about the schedule and it gets tiresome (just like @GASabresIUFAN always complains about goalies and Dmen).  It's like a broken record and brings nothing new to the discussion.

We get it:  You're too cheap to pay for all the programming options and you want the world to conform to your whims.  Grow up.

• dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

No but you just keep yammering on about what you don't like about the schedule and it gets tiresome (just like @GASabresIUFAN always complains about goalies and Dmen).  It's like a broken record and brings nothing new to the discussion.

We get it:  You're too cheap to pay for all the programming options and you want the world to conform to your whims.  Grow up.

Don’t group me with Eleven. That’s completely unfair.  I only complain about things that can get fixed.  Eleven is who he is.
 I do think the blackout rule is stupid.  If the games are worth seeing people will go whether they can watch it at home or not.  Blacking out a game in Albany NY is even dumber.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Guess what?  I've got access to the game tonight.  I'm all set.  Bitching about the NHL being stupid with marketing its product is different from bitching about my personal situation.  

Not everything is about the individual.  You grow up.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.