Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Confirmed: In 2019, McDermott gave a speech to the team where he cited the 9/11 terrorists as paragons of coordinated teamwork. Incredible.

More importantly, McDermott copping to this specific story lends credence to the rest of the reporting in Dunne’s piece.

Well it seems like if they give this dude enough rope he’s gonna hang himself.  Let’s hope this is the beginning of the end. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Confirmed: In 2019, McDermott gave a speech to the team where he cited the 9/11 terrorists as paragons of coordinated teamwork. Incredible.

More importantly, McDermott copping to this specific story lends credence to the rest of the reporting in Dunne’s piece.

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

Well it seems like if they give this dude enough rope he’s gonna hang himself.  Let’s hope this is the beginning of the end. 

I don't know anything but the two quoted posts. But if someone in the Bills org was sitting on this until an opportune time to get rid of McD, this would be it.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yikes. Dude really is out of touch and a mcnugget 

I think there's plenty of evidence that McDermott just doesn't get "it" 

Edited by LGR4GM

Of all the countless examples of teamwork McDummy could have offered up and then choosing the terrorists responsible for the deadliest attack on our soil in the history of our nation as the example is beyond the pale. Ironically, few of the players he addressed in the room that day have a strong living memory of the event itself and as such they can’t really relate to the gravity of the attack on 9/11/2001.

McD is dummer than I thought.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Steelers lose at home to the Cardinals and Pats in the same week. 

All of their offensive metrics have been putrid all year.  They were never as good as their record but they kept flunking their way into stupid wins.  Not so much anymore. 

29 minutes ago, shrader said:

So when/if the Bills finish second place this year, does that ruin their chance of finally getting a home game against KC?

Oy. Next chance could be in 4 years, which is when all AFC East teams will be pitted against AFC West teams (that's what's happening this season). Hopefully, the Bills can return to AFC East supremacy before then.

33 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Oy. Next chance could be in 4 years, which is when all AFC East teams will be pitted against AFC West teams (that's what's happening this season). Hopefully, the Bills can return to AFC East supremacy before then.

3 years. There are 4 divisions so it takes 3 years to rotate through them. 

I'm just now taking all this in. The wife is the Bills fanatic in the house. When she said a couple days back McDermott is an idiot, I agreed and said he can't leave soon enough. But I honestly thought she was talking about his in game decisions. Holy Kurfuffle Juice Batman, this guy's out of touch all the way around.

My God, I can't believe he's still the coach.

Edited by Scottysabres

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

The Bills WILL host KC in 3 seasons.  IF they end up in the same slot in the East as KC does in the West in either of the next 2 years, the Bills will host them either/both times that happens.  In either year they don't end up in the same slot divisionally then they will miss the opportunity to host them in the RS.

20 hours ago, K-9 said:

Of all the countless examples of teamwork McDummy could have offered up and then choosing the terrorists responsible for the deadliest attack on our soil in the history of our nation as the example is beyond the pale. Ironically, few of the players he addressed in the room that day have a strong living memory of the event itself and as such they can’t really relate to the gravity of the attack on 9/11/2001.

McD is dummer than I thought.

I just cannot believe he didn't know this was a bad example, but to bring up something from 2019?   He is cracking under pressure.  

I mean, first I see these Ivy League School leaders not understanding the depth of the situation in Israel and Gaza on TV news ... now McD.  

Edited by Pimlach

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I just cannot believe he didn't know this was a bad example, but to bring up something from 2019?   He is cracking under pressure.  

I mean, first I see these Ivy League School leaders not understanding the depth of the situation in Israel and Gaza on TV news ... now McD.  

They don't live in the real world. They live in their spheres and rebel against ideas that intrude upon that. McDermott is disconnected from reality just like those ivy league presidents. McDermott is tone deaf and honestly, using that analogy shows there's a lack of awareness that we've seen in other aspects of his.

He's gonna be the coach for the foreseeable future. Pegula doesn’t live in the real world either and he'll forget about this shortly. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I haven't read the article, so this may be incorrect. My understanding is that McD made his exceedingly unfortunate analogy in 2019. It's the journalist who is bringing it to light just now. There's a difference, imo, between a boneheaded rhetorical choice and the ideologically motivated actions of Ivy League presidents. One is inept, the other is much more reflective of entrenched opinions. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know nothin' bout no university presidents, and quite honestly, no fuqs given about what academia elites are spewing out of their pie holes, but our NFL teams coach using a group of sociopathic mass murderers as an analogy of anything good in an attempt to train our players is like straight out of a Twilight Zone episode.

Like, for real.....W.....T.....F????

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I haven't read the article, so this may be incorrect. My understanding is that McD made his exceedingly unfortunate analogy in 2019. It's the journalist who is bringing it to light just now. There's a difference, imo, between a boneheaded rhetorical choice and the ideologically motivated actions of Ivy League presidents. One is inept, the other is much more reflective of entrenched opinions. 

I’m super high and a little drunk and you lost me at I haven’t read the article.  

Edited by inkman
  • Haha (+1) 1