Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I mean. My guy. Your knee blew up. You're still not back in form. Your contract is an albatross. You're a "veteran leader."

And now you've used the bye week to go home and - allegedly - assault a woman who's pregnant with your child.

I hope this is a baseless accusation.  Not good.  Not what the team needs right now.  

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I hope this is a baseless accusation.  Not good.  Not what the team needs right now.  

I might argue that it might be exactly what this team needs right now.  I mean I hope the assaulted party is ok but Von has been garbage since he came back. Any healthy DE would be an improvement.  He’s been awful.  He’s hurting the team, big time.  Much rather see Groot, AJ, Floyd or Shaq at this point.  Even Kingsley Jonathan would be an improvement.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, inkman said:

I might argue that it might be exactly what this team needs right now.  I mean I hope the assaulted party is ok but Von has been garbage since he came back. Any healthy DE would be an improvement.  He’s been awful.  He’s hurting the team, big time.  Much rather see Groot, AJ, Floyd or Shaq at this point.  Even Kingsley Jonathan would be an improvement.  

He hardly plays so we see all of those guys every week anyway.  

Just don't need the distraction. 

He is supposed to be a leader.  Mr. "Don't Blink" leads a defense that blinks on the games last drive all too often.  

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

He hardly plays so we see all of those guys every week anyway.  

Just don't need the distraction. 

He is supposed to be a leader.  Mr. "Don't Blink" leads a defense that blinks on the games last drive all too often.  

I’m taking off the gloves here.  His leadership has not been good.  He lies about everything, good riddance Vaughn!  (That was for all the jackwads that say his name that way) 

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Wonder what Miller contract says about such behavior and arrests, or convictions?  

My guess is that the terms of his contract were very player-friendly. But it's possible that the team managed to include a misconduct out or some sort of morals clause. There was a Colorado police report regarding alleged domestic violence in January 2021, which his then-girlfriend (?) later walked back on Instagram.

https://kdvr.com/sports/denver-broncos/broncos-star-von-miller-under-investigation-for-alleged-domestic-violence/

Edited by That Aud Smell

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Well that is one way to get out of the contract if true.

Won't matter for the dead cap hit.  If he's released there's ~$34MM hit next year.  If they find a way to trade the contract, they can get that reduced to ~$21MM.

He got a LOT of money up front and has a lot of guaranteed money.

(And am in no way an NFL capologist.  Read that from others that are.)

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Won't matter for the dead cap hit.  If he's released there's ~$34MM hit next year.  If they find a way to trade the contract, they can get that reduced to ~$21MM.

He got a LOT of money up front and has a lot of guaranteed money.

(And am in no way an NFL capologist.  Read that from others that are.)

Well now wait a second. A release or trade may be different than a contract's termination. 

EDIT: It occurs to me that a "release" is a form of contract termination. I just wonder if other kinds of termination have a different effect on dead money.

Edited by That Aud Smell

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Well now wait a second. A release or trade may be different than a contract's termination. 

Again, not an NFL capologist, so am relying on the work of others.  If the contract ends in any way, have been told the cap hit next year will be ~$34MM $32.5MM.  He's been paid a lot more money to date than his cap hit to date accounts for and he's guaranteed $10.7MM of next year's salary.  (Apparently, it's that next year's guaranteed money that the Bills get out of paying if they trade the contract, but that'll cost draft capital in all likelihood.)  That money gets recouped at some point under the cap.  (Which is why teams keep converting money due in a particular year into signing bonus, so they can keep kicking the can further down the road to a point where the cap is significantly higher.)

Edited by Taro T

I looked up the 2021 issue and the current one.  Looks like it is the same GF.  She had a stint with a rapper in between her romances with Von.  He already has two sons with her.  

There are videos out there of their dating exploits and her rapper exploits  - I have seen enough.   smfh

Let due process in Dallas go to work.