Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

37 minutes ago, Night Train said:

How 'bout the refs deciding games this year at record levels with calls/no calls ?  Brings the whole gambling question into play. 

Don’t get me started on the NFL refs. They’ve always been the most inconsistent in pro sports, but they have outdone themselves this season. Incompetent doesn’t begin to describe them. And as long as the league is OK with officials who teach high school gym or sell insurance during the week refereeing games on the weekend, it will never change. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

If the Bills won the games they were supposed to, we would be in the lead for the number one seed.  It was right there.

The crazy think is the AFC has really behaved for helping Buffalo.  I have no confidence the Bills will win on Sunday, but if they do…there’s definitely an opportunity to sneak in and then let’s see what happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The crazy think is the AFC has really behaved for helping Buffalo.  I have no confidence the Bills will win on Sunday, but if they do…there’s definitely an opportunity to sneak in and then let’s see what happens. 

I’m 50/50 on Sundays game as well.  But if they win in KC, its inconceivable they could run the table.  If they lose Sunday it’s over, and in my mind, McD has lost the team.  I would guess three more losses follow (Dallas, Miami and even LA).  I would need to see changes before getting excited about the offseason. 

13 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

If the Bills won the games they were supposed to, we would be in the lead for the number one seed.  It was right there.

And, if the Bills had correspondingly lost the games they probably should have (Bucs, Giants), they'd be right around where they are right now. This team deserves every bit of its current record.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

And, if the Bills had correspondingly lost the games they probably should have (Bucs, Giants), they'd be right around where they are right now. This team deserves every bit of its current record.

They shouldn't have lost to the Bucs. They were clearly the better team all game long and the score was closer than reality.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

If Chris Godwin tracks the ball on the final play, the Bills lose that game.

Yeah, and if Jordan Phillips doesn’t commit a personal foul on a 4th down play that would have allowed the offense to take a knee in victory formation, then Godwin is never in that position in the first place. We can play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game all day. But it’s a futile discussion to have.

2 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

So your argument is the Bills would have lost if the other team played better? Well, OK then.

I think the argument is if this were different or that were different then things would be different. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, and if Jordan Phillips doesn’t commit a personal foul on a 4th down play that would have allowed the offense to take a knee in victory formation, then Godwin is never in that position in the first place. We can play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game all day. But it’s a futile discussion to have.

This is consistent with my original point, which was responding to the suggestion that the Bills' playoff destiny was there for the taking with wins against the Jets (Week 1), Patriots (away), and Broncos (?). My point was that the Bills lost games that they should have won and that they won games they very easily could have lost. They are what their record says they are.

40 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

So your argument is the Bills would have lost if the other team played better? Well, OK then.

My contention was that if one single, crucial play turned out differently (and, mechanically speaking, not much differently), then the Bills would have lost that game.

42 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Mike Evans also tossed Jordan Poyer to the ground on that play, uncalled.

PI in the end zone on a game ending Hail Mary is essentially never called. We saw that most recently on Sunday night.

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

My contention was that if one single, crucial play turned out differently (and, mechanically speaking, not much differently), then the Bills would have lost that game.

If the Eagles don't nail a 59 yard field goal in poor conditions, the Bills don't lose that game. If the Broncos don't nail a 57 yarder as time expires, the Bills don't lose that game. If the Jets don't return a punt for a TD, maybe we don't lose that game. If Kincaid doesn't fumble against the Bengals, maybe we don't lose that game. Every loss has been by less than a touchdown. We can play this if game all day long.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JujuFish said:

If the Eagles don't nail a 59 yard field goal in poor conditions, the Bills don't lose that game. If the Broncos don't nail a 57 yarder as time expires, the Bills don't lose that game. If the Jets don't return a punt for a TD, maybe we don't lose that game. If Kincaid doesn't fumble against the Bengals, maybe we don't lose that game. Every loss has been by less than a touchdown. We can play this if game all day long.

I don't think you're following me. I was (and have been) responding to this post:

On 12/4/2023 at 10:01 PM, Gatorman0519 said:

And what I've been saying is: There's a whole bunch of random plays that could have gone the other way. I am also saying that, for this season's Bills, those plays have all come out in the wash, so to speak. They've evened out. The Bills won some games that they could have just as easily lost. And the Bills have lost some games that they just as easily could have won. Thus, their record of 6-6 is a fair representation of what kind of team they are so far.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don't think you're following me. I was (and have been) responding to this post:

And what I've been saying is: There's a whole bunch of random plays that could have gone the other way. I am also saying that, for this season's Bills, those plays have all come out in the wash, so to speak. They've evened out. The Bills won some games that they could have just as easily lost. And the Bills have lost some games that they just as easily could have won. Thus, their record of 6-6 is a fair representation of what kind of team they are so far.

No, I'm following you. I'm arguing that the ifs are unbalanced and that 6-6 is not a fair representation of the team.

12 hours ago, JujuFish said:

No, I'm following you. I'm arguing that the ifs are unbalanced and that 6-6 is not a fair representation of the team.

The Bills would have had 3 or 4 more wins if not for momentary lapses at extremely critical points in those games.  I don't think the close games that they won should be taken into consideration since those lapses did not happen in at least 2 of their wins.  Their record could easily be 9 - 3 now.  Maybe even 10 - 2.

• Agree 1