GDT: Sabres @ Blackhawks, 1/17/23, 8:30 pm, ESPN+ and MSG

PromoTheRobot

I got nothin’. 

Was really looking forward to the Miller celebration on Thursday, but they don’t deserve another minute of my support. Friends and family can have my STs for the rest of the season. I’m spent. And for the first time in decades season ticket renewal is questionable. 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I got nothin’. 

Was really looking forward to the Miller celebration on Thursday, but they don’t deserve another minute of my support. Friends and family can have my STs for the rest of the season. I’m spent. And for the first time in decades season ticket renewal is questionable. 

See you Thursday man.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Good post.  The Sabres are not out of it yet.  They’re bound to get hot again.  When they were winning it wasn’t a fluke.  When this team is clicking they can beat anyone.  I still have high hopes for this season.  

I like the optimism in this post. These guys are so good - and then they're not. Terribly frustrating.

It's difficult to tell whether DG needs to alter his approach in coaching or if he needs to change his approach in who he selects to play. Mittelstadt needs to sit. Anderson can no longer play at the NHL level. The offense needs to be more defensively responsible. They need to make better decisions on passing.

The offensive talent is there. 

Sigh.

• Like (+1) 1

Kinda glad we're not going to make the playoffs this year. As soon as it got to 3-1, the whistles went in the pockets, and we can't play playoff hockey. There was hooking, holding, slashing that they just weren't going to call and they couldn't generate anything. after that.

Still too young.

29 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We might have the worst defense of all time. We literally cannot keep any team from scoring at least 4 goals on us. Granato obviously must be terrible at teaching team defense concepts. 

It’s not just the defense, it’s the forwards being too lazy in their own end. The total team defense is pathetic. Way too many chances for opposing teams! I’m thinking Granato isn’t the right coach to lead this team where they need to get to, which is playoffs and Stanley Cup. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Kinda glad we're not going to make the playoffs this year. As soon as it got to 3-1, the whistles went in the pockets, and we can't play playoff hockey. There was hooking, holding, slashing that they just weren't going to call and they couldn't generate anything. after that.

Still too young.

They aren’t ready let. They need alittle sandpaper to their game and they have to get better in their own end. This team needs to hustle. Way too much floating and puck watching!

6 minutes ago, ... said:

I like the optimism in this post. These guys are so good - and then they're not. Terribly frustrating.

It's difficult to tell whether DG needs to alter his approach in coaching or if he needs to change his approach in who he selects to play. Mittelstadt needs to sit. Anderson can no longer play at the NHL level. The offense needs to be more defensively responsible. They need to make better decisions on passing.

The offensive talent is there. 

Sigh.

This is spot on - The offense needs to be more defensively responsible. They need to make better decisions on passing.

Just now, SabresBillsFan said:

They aren’t ready let. They need alittle sandpaper to their game and they have to get better in their own end. This team needs to hustle. Way too much floating and puck watching!

Instead of complaining to the ref, Dahlin should have understood that he was behind him and mostly couldn't see the slash and then hook. He needs to learn to subtly grab the stick and fall to draw the penalty.

Youth,… they're so stupid.

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I got nothin’. 

I’m in Vegas and I’m about ready to give up my season tickets. You may ask why you guys have a pretty good team! Yeah sort of but the cost of tickets is getting stupid. Season seat holders are losing money when we can’t attend and I’m talking a pretty good Chunk of money each game. Throw in the fact this team has mismanaged its players going all in to win the cup and it backfired big time. Fleury was the face of the franchise and when he was traded the fans were pissed. Then get rid of fan favorite Reeves plus many other horrendous trades people have had enough. Getting rid of Gallant and then hire DeBoer and then get rid of him when we didn’t make the playoffs. It’s almost comical. Plus just because this team was in first in the pacific division doesn’t mean *****. This team is getting up there in age and the injury bug has now hit them two years in a row. My friend who is a NYR fan calls it the curse of Fleury on how they ***** him over. I absolutely love hockey but I have my limits for how much to pay. You could ditch your season seats and get tickets the day of the game from other season ticket members who are dumping their seat last minute for way less then you keeping season seats!

7 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

This is spot on - The offense needs to be more defensively responsible. They need to make better decisions on passing.

Out hit like most games… Tonight 28-13… Little fore and back checking… Dancers, mostly, with a few exceptions… No physical attitude…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

29 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I got nothin’. 

I feel you. 

I had been waffling on going to the Miller game, but the performance tonight solidified my decision not to waste my time and money on it. 

7 minutes ago, Believer said:

Out hit like most games… Tonight 28-13… Little fore and back checking… Dancers, mostly, with a few exceptions… No physical attitude…

We are a team of figure skaters and 98lb weaklings (my two favorite knocks on this squad)

Notice we don't have any of the "young skill players are all we need" jackasses chiming in tonight.

No Maturity, No Grit, No Spit and Coaches who can't coach their way out of a paper bag = NO PLAYOFFS 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • dislike 1

40 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I’m in Vegas and I’m about ready to give up my season tickets. You may ask why you guys have a pretty good team! Yeah sort of but the cost of tickets is getting stupid. Season seat holders are losing money when we can’t attend and I’m talking a pretty good Chunk of money each game. Throw in the fact this team has mismanaged its players going all in to win the cup and it backfired big time. Fleury was the face of the franchise and when he was traded the fans were pissed. Then get rid of fan favorite Reeves plus many other horrendous trades people have had enough. Getting rid of Gallant and then hire DeBoer and then get rid of him when we didn’t make the playoffs. It’s almost comical. Plus just because this team was in first in the pacific division doesn’t mean *****. This team is getting up there in age and the injury bug has now hit them two years in a row. My friend who is a NYR fan calls it the curse of Fleury on how they ***** him over. I absolutely love hockey but I have my limits for how much to pay. You could ditch your season seats and get tickets the day of the game from other season ticket members who are dumping their seat last minute for way less then you keeping season seats!

Totally understandable. And they flat out did Fleury wrong. Not only a great goalie who led them to a cup final in their first year of existence, but also the face of the franchise and a pillar in the community, especially after the hotel massacre. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Half the season gone. I honestly do not see a playoffs team here.  

Will we reach 90 points?   

No.  Not without significant help on the back end and more consistent effort from all 4 lines.  Also they need to rethink the PP.  To much perimeter passing and they are moving the puck way to slowly. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Believer said:

6 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

We are a team of figure skaters and 98lb weaklings (my two favorite knocks on this squad)

Notice we don't have any of the "young skill players are all we need" jackasses chiming in tonight.

No Maturity, No Grit, No Spit and Coaches who can't coach their way out of a paper bag = NO PLAYOFFS 

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Lost another 2 goal lead. Coaching disaster. 

Same tropes after a loss and then crickets after a win. I think that's my frustration with SS these days, the conversation is boring and stale regurgitating of the same 3 things after a loss: coaches are dumb, players aren't big enough, we don't hit enough. 

We don't have enough skill on defense and our forwards are young. It's pretty simple.

6 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

We need young players with skill. Your post is obnoxious. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't get 'mad' at the Sabres when they play like they have lately, I just stop watching until I see things get better.

The issue right now is they are very close (kinda there already) where I'm done watching the team for a while. Sure, i'll follow to see how the are doing, engage in this forum, watch the highlights....but for the time being, i'm done seeing what time the game starts and making sure I watch it.

Go on a streak of winning 4 out of 5.....or win 6 out of 9 and I'll be back. But right now, its just not fun anymore.

Edited by mjd1001

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

I got nothin’. 

This is my sentiment exactly. I can’t handle going to that game. The only difference for me is that I have decided this definitely is my last year as a season-ticket holder unfortunately.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.