GDT: Sabres @ Predators, 1/14/23, 8:00 pm, ESPN+ and MSG

nfreeman

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Nashville broadcast is so annoying...they keep cutting the screen down to go to some dude who is going around the building in the crowd and talking to people...it's like show the freaking game!

OMG. Yes, I've never seen a more obnoxious hockey game broadcast. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good win. The 7s line looked good in both zones. Tage made a great assist on Skinner's lovely goal, but otherwise couldn't possess the puck or unleash the shot tonight. The Kids are rejuvenated. Girgs and Krebs back in the lineup is important though, because Asplund and Hino didn't generate the pressure/cycling that those two do with Okposo.

On defense... I'm ready for Clague back in over Bryson.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Stads said:

UPL, just make the easy saves and I can trust you. Please, just make the routine saves. I beg of you

UPL didn’t have his best night, but he made the big saves… and the team plays well in front of him… He feeds off their confidence in him, I think

• Like (+1) 3

Casey looks better and better every game. I really hope it continues.

I didn’t see the Sabres getting outmuscled at any point in the game, contrary to a bunch of comments made here.

The number of hits in a game may not correlate to winning, but a big hit sure seems to make a difference on a given play (not unlike a face off win when you need it).

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

UPL just finds ways to contribute to the wins.

It wasn’t perfect but a big win.

Kid line was good, Quinn was knocked around a lot, it was good to see him bag one.

Mitts and VO played well, getting some mojo going now.

KO goal was a great tip and Boosh made a nice pass.

They’re back on the rails, keep it up.

Edited by French Collection
  • Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.