Robin Lehner: Bankrupt Snake Wrangler

Cascade Youth

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So TM surrounded Jack and Sam with Robyn Lehner, Evander Kane and Ryan O’Reilly.  What could have possibly gone wrong.

Don't forget Bogo.  TM was so bad at the anything that had to do with people - which unfortunately was his job.  

I can't say anything more about Lehner that has not already been said.  I would rather blame Murray for knowing him, but not knowing about him.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

That’s another view of it, sure.

In my experience, people who need recovery can avoid the process  (which never ends) by medicating in all kinds of ways. Being stupid with money is one such way.

Likening him to Kane misses the mark. Very different cats.

No question that there are differences in their situations. But where they are similar is that both players, who are in high paying professions with short lifespans, squandered much of their high earnings. They will never get back the money that they recklessly handled. If each of these players handled their finances in a more responsible manner, it could have provided them and their families a comfortable financial situation for the rest of their lives. 

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

No question that there are differences in their situations. But where they are similar is that both players, who are in high paying professions with short lifespans, squandered much of their high earnings. 

“Who are three people who’ve never been in my kitchen.”

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

That’s another view of it, sure.

In my experience, people who need recovery can avoid the process  (which never ends) by medicating in all kinds of ways. Being stupid with money is one such way.

Likening him to Kane misses the mark. Very different cats.

Agree. But he might also just be dumb. 

There's evidence for both. 

3 hours ago, Quint said:

To whoever posted this thread, thanks for stealing the link I posted two hours before you even got up.

This sucks. Now you won't see a single royalty check from that post. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

And there's a murder involved!!! 

The man mentioned, Ben Renick, was murdered in June 2017 by his wife Lynlee Renick who was subsequently found guilty of the charges and sentenced to 16 years in prison. According to KMIZ, following Renick’s death, a lawsuit was filed against Lehner in 2018 after he stopped making payments for the snakes.

Hmm...are we going to see a new documentary called Snake King on Netflix by the end of this year?

• Haha (+1) 1

The filing lists Lehner's liability between $10-50 million, and lists the same lending agency that was sued in Evander Kane's bankruptcy and has a lengthy history of defaulted loans, including some with with NFL running back Adrian Peterson and MLS left-back Kemar Lawrence.

Sounds like there's a lending agency doing a bang up job.

9 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

And there's a murder involved!!! 

The man mentioned, Ben Renick, was murdered in June 2017 by his wife Lynlee Renick who was subsequently found guilty of the charges and sentenced to 16 years in prison. According to KMIZ, following Renick’s death, a lawsuit was filed against Lehner in 2018 after he stopped making payments for the snakes.

I saw this story on Dateline or one of those other murder mystery shows. Pretty interesting. But I don't remember Lehner being part of the story.

And between 1-10 million in assets and 10-50 million in debt? They really couldn't come up with more accurate amounts? I'm gonna make between 10 thousand and 250 million this year. 

Edited by Claude Balls

You know what ??

I really feel badly for the guy.

He has issues, but he seems to have taken steps to help himself with those.

This seems like he was trying to get going in some kind of legit, at least in his mind, venture involving something he enjoys.  Poor guy was taken advantage of and swindled.

3 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

You know what ??

I really feel badly for the guy.

He has issues, but he seems to have taken steps to help himself with those.

This seems like he was trying to get going in some kind of legit, at least in his mind, venture involving something he enjoys.  Poor guy was taken advantage of and swindled.

Snakes: causing trouble since the Fall of Mankind.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

Snakes: causing trouble since the Fall of Mankind.

If you are going for the story of Genesis as outlined in the Bible it is, infact, Fall of Man.

In the Qur'an story of Adam and his partner (no mention of a name) there was no snake invoved.  The two made the choice themselves together.  Equal blame.  So those saying that Eve was framed are, indeed, correct.

• Thanks (+1) 2

9 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Methinks Rob isn’t very bright. He’s had his problems and hopefully he has figured some of that out but this is way over the top. Perhaps he was trying to set up for life after hockey ? Its a shame regular tax payers have to pay for douchebag moves by morons like Rob.

taxpayers don't pay private debts in bankruptcy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/14/2023 at 9:32 AM, Dreams Burn Down said:

I cannot muster an ounce of empathy or compassion for him.  The team gave him the space and time to work through his myriad psychological issues and he ripped them to shreds on his way out.  In the words of the late Al Smith, "See ya, Seymour."

Gotta chuckle at an Al Smith Sabres quote!

Thaks for the memory 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.