Robin Lehner: Bankrupt Snake Wrangler

Cascade Youth

Some days I’m not even sure what to make of reality anymore.

https://sinbin.vegas/robin-lehner-files-for-bankruptcy-due-to-ownership-of-exotic-snake-farm/

Golden Knights goaltender Robin Lehner and his wife Donya filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy with the District of Nevada on December 30th, 2022.

According to the public filing, Lehner estimates the worth of his assets between $1-10 million while his liability to creditors is between $10-50 million.

In the bankruptcy filing documents, Lehner is said to be the owner of RL Exotics LLC, “which operates a reptile farm in Plato, Missouri, which is an operating business with 3 employees, and which requires reptiles to be maintained and fed.”

Lehner was first linked to snakes back in 2017 when he reportedly purchased a collection of exotic snakes for $1.2 million.

• Like (+1) 1

And there's a murder involved!!! 

The man mentioned, Ben Renick, was murdered in June 2017 by his wife Lynlee Renick who was subsequently found guilty of the charges and sentenced to 16 years in prison. According to KMIZ, following Renick’s death, a lawsuit was filed against Lehner in 2018 after he stopped making payments for the snakes.

3 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

I cannot muster an ounce of empathy or compassion for him.  The team gave him the space and time to work through his myriad psychological issues and he ripped them to shreds on his way out.  In the words of the late Al Smith, "See ya, Seymour."

That’s extreme. But I get it.

He may be sober (?), but it looks like his demons are still calling the shots.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That’s extreme. But I get it.

He may be sober (?), but it looks like his demons are still calling the shots.

I don't think his demons were involved with his slithery hobby and investment. He did what a lot of immature people do who come upon wealth: They foolishly blow their money. Evander Kane is another example of not knowing how to maturely manage his money. Lehner made some incredibly bad financial decisions regarding his fascination with snakes. It ended up biting him in the pocketbook.  

On 1/14/2023 at 4:06 AM, Cascade Youth said:

Some days I’m not even sure what to make of reality anymore.

https://sinbin.vegas/robin-lehner-files-for-bankruptcy-due-to-ownership-of-exotic-snake-farm/

Golden Knights goaltender Robin Lehner and his wife Donya filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy with the District of Nevada on December 30th, 2022.

According to the public filing, Lehner estimates the worth of his assets between $1-10 million while his liability to creditors is between $10-50 million.

In the bankruptcy filing documents, Lehner is said to be the owner of RL Exotics LLC, “which operates a reptile farm in Plato, Missouri, which is an operating business with 3 employees, and which requires reptiles to be maintained and fed.”

Lehner was first linked to snakes back in 2017 when he reportedly purchased a collection of exotic snakes for $1.2 million.

Methinks Rob isn’t very bright. He’s had his problems and hopefully he has figured some of that out but this is way over the top. Perhaps he was trying to set up for life after hockey ? 

Edited by bunomatic
I made an assumption that was false. Corrected.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I don't think his demons were involved with his slithery hobby and investment. He did what a lot of immature people do who come upon wealth: They foolishly blow their money. Evander Kane is another example of not knowing how to maturely manage his money. Lehner made some incredibly bad financial decisions regarding his fascination with snakes. It ended up biting him in the pocketbook.  

That’s another view of it, sure.

In my experience, people who need recovery can avoid the process  (which never ends) by medicating in all kinds of ways. Being stupid with money is one such way.

Likening him to Kane misses the mark. Very different cats.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.