GDT: Buffalo at Carolina, Nov. 4, 2022, 7pm, WGR, ESPN+, ESPN++, The Playboy Channel, and your favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

Last game I broke with my own habit of not making predictions. This is how I did:

Owen Power woke up and chose violence today. I'm saying 1G, 1A for him and at least one highlight reel moment. He realizes he's an NHL player and belongs here.

✔️ OP got two points, but both were assists. One was highlight reel though and he definitely woke up. So I'm counting it ✔️

Krebs will get his first of the season as well since he apparently realized last game that it's OK to shoot the puck on occasion.

He took a step back last game as far as shooting goes 😕 

Mitts hits the net instead of the post this game. He gets a goal. Probably a slick one too.

He straight up hit the post again. Thanks Mitts. 

TT rides his high from last game and sets up Owen Power's goal, then adds one of his own.

✔️ TT got a goal and an assist like I said, but the assist wasn't on OP. Still counting it. ✔️

[Cozens - Peterka - Tuch] will be the eye-test best line, but "only" get one goal because of terrible puck luck. The goal will be one of the three just willing the puck into the net too. Nothing fancy.

✔️ Funny enough, all three had a great game (Peterka and Tuch both scored)--but not together. So... 1/2 success?  

So this game I am going with the following five predictions:

- All three rookies get a point.

- Asplund gets a goal.

- One of Pilut/Clague scores or gets a primary assist off a shot deflection

- Buffalo gives up too many two-on-ones early in the game and struggles against Carolina in transition and on the breakout, but adjusts by the third period and has Carolina reeling.

- There's a fight 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

How many Sabes games are left on this stupid channel? Do I actually need to buy this? The cable industry as almost as crooked as the insurance industry...

I believe there were a total of 12 non-MSG games.  8 were ESPN/ESPN+ and 4 were TNT.  Tonight's game is not on MSG to the best of my knowledge so the thread title might need a change.

If you have VZW phones you should be able to get Disney+ for free.  This includes your ESPN+ coverage.  (This promo once existed, not sure if it still does as I do not have a VZW phone).

As far as coverage goes, a reminder that if you tune into the Canes broadcast coverage their Play by Play guy grew up in Buffalo.

Edited by LTS
  • Like (+1) 1

Should be a good measuring stick...Carolina leads the NHL in CF% at 63.56%.  Sabres are 11th at 51.46%  

Surprise Seattle is 7th at 53.05%...could they actually be good this year?

Also surprisingly...Sabres are the best team in the NHL at not giving the puck away with only 56 giveaways and also are one of the best teams in the NHL at not giving the puck away in the defensive zone, coming in 5th at only 41.07% of the giveaways happening in our end...improvement over last year when we were 14th and 8th respectively.

Not surprisingly we are far and away the lowest team in terms of hits given with 109...the second lowest team in that department is Montreal with 193...for comparisons, Rangers lead the NHL with 362 hits...but we balance that out by being the 4th lowest in terms of hits taken with only 190. Chicago leads that with only 183 taken, so we aren't far off. We are an NHL worst 36.45% hits given tho so that is something we probably are going to need to work on I would think.

Edited by matter2003

• Eleven changed the title to GDT: Buffalo at Carolina, Nov. 4, 2022, 7pm, WGR, ESPN+, ESPN++, The Playboy Channel, and your favorite illegal streaming option.
1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Should be a good measuring stick...Carolina leads the NHL in CF% at 63.56%.  Sabres are 11th at 51.46%  

Also surprisingly...Sabres are the best team in the NHL at not giving the puck away with only 56 giveaways and also are one of the best teams in the NHL at not giving the puck away in the defensive zone, coming in 5th at only 41.07% of the giveaways happening in our end...improvement over last year when we were 14th and 8th respectively.

Not surprisingly we are far and away the lowest team in terms of hits given with 109...the second lowest team in that department is Montreal with 193...for comparisons, Rangers lead the NHL with 362 hits...but we balance that out by being the 4th lowest in terms of hits taken with only 190. Chicago leads that with only 183 taken, so we aren't far off. We are an NHL worst 36.45% hits given tho so that is something we probably are going to need to work on I would think.

Lybushkin & Samuelsson will go a long way toward boosting that stat.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doohickie said:

*disclaimer about the thread title:  The Playboy Channel was rebranded in 1989 as Playboy TV and doesn't actually broadcast or stream NHL games.  Offer only valid at participating locations.  Cash value 1/100 of one cent.  This thread may contain true stories of a Hitler sex change operation and exploding pancakes.  Please address all complaints and legal threats to:  Former Vice President Dick Cheney, c/o The American Enterprise Institute, 1789 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036.  Viewer discretion is advised.

Mature Women

Damn, I was all excited to see topless girls with shovels and brooms on the ice during breaks. Since its NOT on Playboy TV I suppose I'll just have to settle for watching ads for EV Tires and Post Malone hawking Jagermeister another 40 or 50 times tonight.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Can't hit while you're skating with the puck and scoring goals, lol.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Will be watching from work when I have time 😛

ESPN+ has games on demand and the option to start from the beginning if you start watching in the middle.

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Does anyone know if this game will be available on Directv with the hockey package, Center Ice? 

I'm going to say no. But not sure.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Does anyone know if this game will be available on Directv with the hockey package, Center Ice? 

I would say no since it's an ESPN+ game.

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Tell that to Peter Forsberg 

It doesn't count as a hit unless the other guy had the puck and you took it from him.

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Why? 

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Just so you know, someone on CapFriendly last season ran the numbers and found that the Sabres Arena seems to be much more difficult to garner hits in. On average the Sabres averaged more hits, by a pretty significant margin, on the road than at home.

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

I just bet $0.10 on the Sabres to win at +170.  If they win I’ll get back $0.27.  Come on boys, don’t let me down!

Did you hear about the guy who meant to bet $2.50 and bet $250 instead and won $10k?  It was Sabres win and Okposo goal and maybe something else on some game and his parlay was +4000.  Found it:

image.thumb.png.a45a598f7488fb2fa8a78de1f6d057cf.png

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nhl/sabres/for-buffalo-sabres-fan-bet-placed-in-error-pays-off-big/71-0b6b57f2-86bc-410a-81f4-1b115c1147a2

Edited by Doohickie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.