Devon Levi Watch 2022-2023

ddaryl

31 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The semifinals and finals are a week apart?

I’m sure it has always been that way, but seems odd to me. 

That is how it has always been.  Now that you ask about it, I realize that I never even thought twice about it and don't have an explanation for why they do it that way.  I'm guessing it's just because that was the easiest way to sneak a tournament into an ongoing season.

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

That is how it has always been.  Now that you ask about it, I realize that I never even thought twice about it and don't have an explanation for why they do it that way.  I'm guessing it's just because that was the easiest way to sneak a tournament into an ongoing season.

On the broadcast they said that 1 of the 2 teams plating this coming Monday won't be playing this weekend before the next Beanpot game which is apparently rather unusual.  So your guess seems to be spot on.

59 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So I'm guessing we aren't signing Portillo? lol

Adams on that Dreger podcast last week was almost uncomfortable.  They asked him about two at the same time.  He was like "yeah it's not ideal, LEVI IS AWESOME (40 inch waist), Portillo is good too. We'll see."

39 minutes ago, shrader said:

My guess was vs Bruins and Celtics schedule and cheap night to get the rink.

10 hours ago, JohnC said:

I said this before but the Reinhart trade that resulted in acquiring Levi might in the long run become the most consequential of the three old core players dealt by KA. It took a few years to determine the value on Tage Thompson but the ROR deal ended up being a corner stone deal for this franchise. I can envision an even bigger impact if in a couple to few years he becomes our #1 goalie. 

If he turns out like he's tracking i'll be ecstatic and Kulich is looking like an Oloffson replacement in many ways already. 

I loved Reino but I'm considering changing my nameplate to Samuelsson tbh

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

He was like "yeah it's not ideal, LEVI IS AWESOME (40 inch waist), Portillo is good too. We'll see."

Adams is like that.  You can tell when he's not being totally honest.  It was more frequent earlier in his tenure when he was in the Fake It Til You Make It phase of his career.  Listen to him talk about Eichel before he had full buy-in from the Pegulas to move him.  Very... uncomfortable.

Although to be fair, at this point there isn't a ton he can do to control the Portillo situation.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Who wants a loser thats scared of a  Competition .

Bye

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95230b1e24e021dca254

The notion that Portillo is afraid of competition because he wants to scan the hockey market to find the best employment option for him makes little sense. He was a diligent student who stayed in school because he was serious about his education. That shouldn't be something that warrants criticisms as it should be praised. If he believes that he would have a better professional opportunity somewhere else, then that is his right. As it is for anyone in any profession. He's acting within the rules of the profession, so why should he be criticized? 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The notion that Portillo is afraid of competition because he wants to scan the hockey market to find the best employment option for him makes little sense. He was a diligent student who stayed in school because he was serious about his education. That shouldn't be something that warrants criticisms as it should be praised. If he believes that he would have a better professional opportunity somewhere else, then that is his right. As it is for anyone in any profession. He's acting within the rules of the profession, so why should he be criticized? 

Good points.  But he's still a Nancy boy.

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Fair points Mrs. Portillo, but I say he's still a P*ssy.  Hope he ends up like that former Kings goalie who chose not to sign with us.

• Eyeroll 1

"– The legend of Devon Levi continues. After having one of the most unbelievable seasons by an NCAA goalie in quite some time, the Northeastern University netminder has kept things moving along this season with a 14-9-4 record with four shutouts and a .930 save percentage. He’s been unstoppable recently, posting a 6-0-1-1 record over the past 10 games. Levi, a Buffalo Sabres prospect, had one of the best performances of the season with a 54-save effort against Providence on Friday, a week after stopping 45 shots against UConn. Levi is the best goaltending prospect in the NCAA right now, and it won’t be long until the Sabres make him turn pro. Sure, he’s 6-foot-0, but his sample size at all levels – which includes the 2022 Mike Richter Trophy as the top NCAA goaltender last year and seven Hockey East player of the week awards over the past two years – makes it seem like he may be one of the few smaller goalies who make it work in the NHL."

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/nhl-prospect-roundup-buffalo-sabres-devon-levi-continues-to-dominate

• Like (+1) 3