Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

Just now, Porous Five Hole said:

Anyone who wants to touch another person without their permission.  It just isn’t worth it. There are no winners here. Not calling you out as an individual poster on this board. 

Not what I meant. Since people obviously don't use this skill who is supposed to be emphasizing it or its instruction?

Just seeing that video of two idiots fighting in the crowd and seeing that guy really get hurt reminds me of so many times while I played hockey (many many years ago!), coached for many years, and also when my son was playing, recalling all the parents in the stands cursing and swearing and fighting with each other at games with kids as young as 8 or 9 playing. It is so sad that it leads to that. That video posted earlier is a sad reminder that while these people rarely ever actually hurt each other, there is that chance it could and may happen. They sure do put forward a great example for their kids to follow. No wonder the world is such a angry, dark place these days. Mind you that kind of sad and pathetic behaviour existed long before today...I recall my late brother playing back in Toronto and against other teams in other cities way back in the early 70's and they were fighting in the stands then. makes me sad and sick...and it goes on in other sports too (soccer is really bad)     

Remember a Bills game where 4 drunken idiots were throw beer cups down on us.  Kid's Dad near went and confronted them... drunk lady reach down and slapped him... he slapped her back... her drunk boyfriend threw a punch and the Dad beat the crap out of his face.. security came threw the 4 drunks out and we hid the Dad... vigilante justice!

Edited by North Buffalo

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Remember a Bills game where 4 drunken idiots were through beer cups down on us.  Kid's Dad near went and confronted them... drunk lady reach down and slapped him... he slapped her back... her drunk boyfriend threw a punch and the Dad beat the crap out of his face.. security came threw the 4 drunks out and we hid the Dad... vigilante justice!

A proud day for all involved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The Yotes are nuts.  They'll never be able to use him in the playoffs this ... wait ... well, nevermind.  😉

They needed him to help fill the 5,000th seat and insure a sellout.

• Haha (+1) 1

I suppose that’s one good reason to roster a no talent 7’2 Logan Stanley. He can simply crush and injure the best player of the team you are chasing for a playoff spot

what a killer for the wild. Far and away their best player, gone for 3-4 weeks  

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I suppose that’s one good reason to roster a no talent 7’2 Logan Stanley. He can simply crush and injure the best player of the team you are chasing for a playoff spot

what a killer for the wild. Far and away their best player, gone for 3-4 weeks  

"falls on him"

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

I know, right? 

You can see the point where Stanley literally decides to go for the full-on piggy back, elevating his skates off the ice. He crushes him 

I would think player safety should review that but who knows.

Losing a great player like that hurts the Wild and the league.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Something about hockey protects knees far better than football. I wake up sweating, shouting, gasping for breath after Bills ACL dreams in May.

Turf monster, no? My pure guess is you get more forgiving sliding action on your foot re hockey 

On 3/9/2023 at 5:30 AM, sabrefanday1 said:

Just seeing that video of two idiots fighting in the crowd and seeing that guy really get hurt reminds me of so many times while I played hockey (many many years ago!), coached for many years, and also when my son was playing, recalling all the parents in the stands cursing and swearing and fighting with each other at games with kids as young as 8 or 9 playing. It is so sad that it leads to that. That video posted earlier is a sad reminder that while these people rarely ever actually hurt each other, there is that chance it could and may happen. They sure do put forward a great example for their kids to follow. No wonder the world is such an angry, dark place these days. Mind you that kind of sad and pathetic behaviour existed long before today...I recall my late brother playing back in Toronto and against other teams in other cities way back in the early 70's and they were fighting in the stands then. makes me sad and sick...and it goes on in other sports too (soccer is really bad)     

Yup.  Youth sports, especially competitive travel teams, are often ruined by parents.  I’ve have seen some bad behavior too. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/8/2023 at 10:09 PM, Porous Five Hole said:

Why are grown azz men touching each other? Why isn’t conflict resolution a point of emphasis? A physical altercation should be a fight or flight only response.  Grow up. 

kenan thompson snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

McNab wanted no part of Jeannot 

Oh fair enough, and not many people should want that, but I posted that for the Eichel getting hit, hitting back and being hit again. Thought some Sabres fans might find that amusing or bemusing perhaps. The fight was nothing really. 

Also, kind of restating how if I was KA I would have traded for Jeannot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.