Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

32 minutes ago, Thorny said:

More than that one, too

Plenty more 

I’ve seen a lot but other than in winnipeg, only an exhibition tilt against the Wild at the Ralph one year. I think it must have been 07-08 pre season or something. I remember some fan in the crowd talking up Kaleta and how the Sabres finally had some toughness  and just thinking “I’m still upset about the talent we lost” in my head 

thought better of a debate, though. 

in person 

12 hours ago, Two or less said:

Columbus was up 4-0 then they switched goalies.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

If that's not thinking I don't know what is..

Unless the goalie was hurt

Was told the starter got ill mid-game, thus the need for the switch.  Lucky stinking Pens.

52 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Must be amping up towards the playoffs...even the fans are getting into it...Winnipeg not playing.

I wish I hadn’t clicked play.  Why would someone post that?

And this is why that fan fight scene from Dallas that was debated a couple weeks ago shouldn’t be tolerated either.  Most every grown ass man has the size and strength to kill another man unintentionally with his bare hands.

• Like (+1) 1

nhl mailbag features a q/a on Sabres specifically KA and Granato 

https://www.nhl.com/news/over-the-boards-dan-rosen-mailbag-march-8/c-341950308?tid=277729162

“I don't think they're slept on. I think they receive a lot of credit for what they've done together with the Buffalo Sabres. We're doing our Trophy Tracker series this week for the three-quarter pole of the season and Granato, Buffalo's coach, was fifth in the voting for the Jack Adams Award behind Jim Montgomery (Boston Bruins), Lindy Ruff (New Jersey Devils), Rod Brind'Amour (Carolina Hurricanes) and Dave Hakstol (Seattle Kraken).”

“Adams, in his third season as Buffalo's GM, has been steadfast in how he's built the Sabres. His refusal to sacrifice the future for the present is admirable and correct. He wants to acquire players who fit the Sabres' age group, as he did with 26-year-old forward Jordan Greenway in a trade with the Minnesota Wild on Friday.“

8 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That's assault all day, enjoy your time behind bars

Which one, they guy who had the guy in the sleeper hold or the guy who got out of the sleeper hold fell backwards down the stairs and pulled the first guy with him down the stairs? My money says both but if you made me pick one the guy that ended up hurt certainly looked like the aggressor even though he got injured in the end.

Edited by Contempt

15 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Which one, they guy who had the guy in the sleeper hold or the guy who got out of the sleeper hold fell backwards down the stairs and pulled the first guy with him down the stairs? My money says both but if you made me pick one the guy that ended up hurt certainly looked like the aggressor even though he got injured in the end.

That's a good point, I can see a case for both to be in the same serious trouble, you're adults in the public realm around children. I'm a little harsh on this but I think that it should not be tolerated, I also think thst professional athletes should be held to a higher standard because of their position in the public eye.... But I digress, we both know these things typically are never punished to the extent that they should be. It's a bit different at a bar at midnight (still not acceptable) they should both have fines/jail time for that display and putting others around them in danger because they can't act like adults. 

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That's a good point, I can see a case for both to be in the same serious trouble, you're adults in the public realm around children. I'm a little harsh on this but I think that it should not be tolerated, I also think thst professional athletes should be held to a higher standard because of their position in the public eye.... But I digress, we both know these things typically are never punished to the extent that they should be. It's a bit different at a bar at midnight (still not acceptable) they should both have fines/jail time for that display and putting others around them in danger because they can't act like adults. 

Until the dude fell that seemed like the undercard with the main event going on in the background. I always wonder what sets these things off.  Usually it's both parties being idiots but not always.

39 minutes ago, Thorny said:

nhl mailbag features a q/a on Sabres specifically KA and Granato 

https://www.nhl.com/news/over-the-boards-dan-rosen-mailbag-march-8/c-341950308?tid=277729162

“I don't think they're slept on. I think they receive a lot of credit for what they've done together with the Buffalo Sabres. We're doing our Trophy Tracker series this week for the three-quarter pole of the season and Granato, Buffalo's coach, was fifth in the voting for the Jack Adams Award behind Jim Montgomery (Boston Bruins), Lindy Ruff (New Jersey Devils), Rod Brind'Amour (Carolina Hurricanes) and Dave Hakstol (Seattle Kraken).”

“Adams, in his third season as Buffalo's GM, has been steadfast in how he's built the Sabres. His refusal to sacrifice the future for the present is admirable and correct. He wants to acquire players who fit the Sabres' age group, as he did with 26-year-old forward Jordan Greenway in a trade with the Minnesota Wild on Friday.“

Owen Power in at #3 in the Calder ranking, including garnering a first place vote: 

https://www.nhl.com/news/trophy-tracker-calder-kraken-matty-beniers-golden-knights-thompson-favorites/c-341836540?tid=277729400

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Must be amping up towards the playoffs...even the fans are getting into it...Winnipeg not playing.

I only have 2 questions.....

Can the guy who landed on top skate and has Adam's called to see if he can handle 6 to 7 minutes a game.

Edited by Scottysabres

2 hours ago, Contempt said:

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

1 hour ago, Contempt said:

Until the dude fell that seemed like the undercard with the main event going on in the background. I always wonder what sets these things off.  Usually it's both parties being idiots but not always.

There are news articles about this and there is google to find them.  Apparently, the guy in the headlock and his wife/gf/date were the aggressors.

45 minutes ago, Eleven said:

There are news articles about this and there is google to find them.  Apparently, the guy in the headlock and his wife/gf/date were the aggressors.

Don't care that much and if I don't click on them I'm not encouraging their publication. Also sort of gets to my point that the videos always come on a bit after the fact and can end up indicating something that isn't the case.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.