Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Something is up in TB.

Top line gets benched yesterday and today they respond with 4 shots thru close to 2 periods.

Maybe they are spent after 3 extended playoff years or maybe they are tuning Cooper out but they have looked brutal for weeks now.

They are sort of in that nothing to play for zone right now. Too far back to catch Boston. Realistically too far up on anyone chasing them. They are going to play Toronto either way.

Edited by Contempt

16 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I just tuned into it....down 3-0 now in the second...but being outshot 21 to 4 with a little bit left in the 2nd? How does a team as good as Tampa get outshot that badly?

Combination of things I’d say.

1) At this point they probably don’t care about the reg season that much.  They are not going to go all out all season, just want to get ready for the playoffs.

2) They have played 71 playoff games over the past 3 seasons.  It takes a toll.

3) They just don’t have it going right now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Combination of things I’d say.

1) At this point they probably don’t care about the reg season that much.  They are not going to go all out all season, just want to get ready for the playoffs.

2) They have played 71 playoff games over the past 3 seasons.  It takes a toll.

3) They just don’t have it going right now.

That and father time caught up in big way... harsh reality

• dislike 1

Tampa and Toronto have been mathematically certain to play each mother in round one since Canadian Thanksgiving.  Thanks, stupid playoff format!  

I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on anything that happens from now until Game One with either team, frankly.  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Tampa and Toronto have been mathematically certain to play each mother in round one since Canadian Thanksgiving.  Thanks, stupid playoff format!  

I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on anything that happens from now until Game One with either team, frankly.  

It’s so dumb 

25 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Was saying yesterday that the Bolts were 1-3-2 since that game the Sabres played down in TB.  It's now 1-4-2 and the only win they got was courtesy of a 50+ save shutout by Vaselivskiy.

If they play their final 19 games as poorly as their last 7, they'll only have 88 points.  Even if they get back to an NHL 0.400 for their final 20 (including today, they'll only end up with 93.  They are very catchable, especially if Hedman is hampered by the back injury or if he actually misses time.

IMHO, it's a 3 team race for the right to play the Loafs and an 8 team race for the 2 WC slots (well, 7 when 1 of those 1st 3 escape the WC chase).

59 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Did we break them?

Yes, but it was 2 weeks ago that it happened.  ;)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Was saying yesterday that the Bolts were 1-3-2 since that game the Sabres played down in TB.  It's now 1-4-2 and the only win they got was courtesy of a 50+ save shutout by Vaselivskiy.

If they play their final 19 games as poorly as their last 7, they'll only have 88 points.  Even if they get back to an NHL 0.400 for their final 20 (including today, they'll only end up with 93.  They are very catchable, especially if Hedman is hampered by the back injury or if he actually misses time.

IMHO, it's a 3 team race for the right to play the Loafs and an 8 team race for the 2 WC slots (well, 7 when 1 of those 1st 3 escape the WC chase).

This would, of course, be unbelievably funny and I’m here for it (what with my intense hatred of Tampa and their scumbag cheating/diving squad).  

Regardless, I don’t think they have it in them to bite it that hard.  Can still hope, though. 

6-0 final. Anderson's 1st shutout of the year.  

Tampa only got 14 shots the entire game.

Don't care how much people say Tampa is a lock for the playoffs, if they don't get their heads out of their bippies, they arent't.  

They're only 11 up on the Sabres and Otters. Buffalo has 42 points left to try for, Otterland has 40 left. 11-16 more by TB won't be enough to keep ahead of both of them.

• Like (+1) 2

Detroit was trailing late against the Phlyers when, with the goalie pulled, Seider's stick exploded. Filly got the easy empty netter and ended their losing streak while extending Detroit's. Filly won 3-1. Detroit seems to be sunk. 1 fewer team to worry about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Does he live in the Vegas area or just made a gambling excursion? 

Took the drive from Palm Springs, winter vacation home. 

But he’s attempting to see an NHL game in every arena, and this checks another off the list 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yes, but it was 2 weeks ago that it happened.  😉

7, you can cross the Wings off that list, they are imploding since they dumped several key players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.