Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

35 minutes ago, HeftyLefty said:

Why won't you tell your gender?

31 minutes ago, Refuting said:

That is strange 

24 minutes ago, HeftyLefty said:

can't see past their stomach when they look down so they're not sure what's going on in that area.

5 minutes ago, Refuting said:

LGR didn't answer 

Woman = Confirmed 

2 minutes ago, Refuting said:

I think I found a picture of him actually 

56765_v9_bb.jpg

Sci Fi Lol GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

13 minutes ago, HeftyLefty said:

Capture.JPG

Forgot one

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin can take care of himself. I don't need to waste a roster spot on John Scott. 

Kyle is the 4th line rw, reeves is a 4th line rw. It's breathtaking how dense you'll act at times. 

What's reeves going to do when he only plays 10 min a night at gets caved in? Threaten to fight some one? 1990 called and they want their takes back. 

Lol

Two people play the same position so for you that makes them the same. Okay I see. Very astute hockey knowledge there. 

and there we go again with the "1990s called"  BS again as if hockey is a knitting circle now. Just checked Hockey Fights, 3 scraps tonight. Some major hits. Guess I accidentally got in my DeLorean and time travelled. Fusion power and all that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Two people play the same position so for you that makes them the same. Okay I see. Very astute hockey knowledge there. 

and there we go again with the "1990s called"  BS again as if hockey is a knitting circle now. Just checked Hockey Fights, 3 scraps tonight. Some major hits. Guess I accidentally got in my DeLorean and time travelled. Fusion power and all that. 

^^ This guy just refuses to disappoint 

I'm nominating ForeverPerrault for SabreSpace Captain

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Okay let me try this a different way. Clearly you don't follow. 

The Sabres have 4rw spots. Tuch, Quinn, and Olofsson aren't losing their spots for Reeves. The 4th line spot is Okposo and so the question becomes is Reeves better than Kyle? Which one helps you win hockey games more often? Answer is Okposo so trading assets for a 4th line rw who isn't better than Okposo is foolish.  It is illogical team building because it doesn't upgrade anything. 

Let's go lw too. Skinner, JJP, and Asplund/Hinostroza, and Zemgus are there so is Reeves better than any of them? No, he isn't.

So to quote a common refrain around here, there's no place on this team for a maybe 5 goal scorer who isn't good defensively but every 10th game hits someone hard. Being upset or even commenting on Adams not adding such a player is just bizarre considering he's 35 and doesn't help you win games. Everyone else I listed contributes more to winning hockey games. 

Sabres players have to learn to defend themselves and stick up for each other because that's how you become a tough team, standing up for yourself and each other. It isn't by running to daddy every time someone bumps you. That's why I have no problem with the Skinner suspension, touch our goalie take a stick to the face. Grit and toughness require a team approach not bringing in some 10 min a night bottom line guy. You know what's scarier than Reeves? 5 players on the ice making a beeline towards you because you done f'd up. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

For me, Reeves is only necessary if we are playing against 3 teams,

whatever team Lucic is playing for these days, Washington if Wilson isn’t suspended again whatever night we play them, and whatever team Reeves is currently playi…… wait, never mind.

Otherwise he just wouldn’t get enough ice time to warrant the roster spot.  Really, there are guys who will drop the mitts that have more value on the ice.  Hell, De-lo might better fit that description than Reeves, and he would be a bit player here.

Id rather hold out for a player with a little more game in his game, than pick up Reeves.  The last of the heavyweights isn’t really a good roster option anymore.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.