Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Let’s hope the Penguins give everything they have against Boston tonight energy wise so they have little left for tomorrow. Crosby just scored 30 seconds in the game

I'm assuming the 7:30 start tomorrow is to accommodate for their travel?  Makes for a longer evening coming from ROC but fine vs tired team.

43 minutes ago, Contempt said:

YOUR POSIT THAT HE HAS SOME SORT OF PLAYOFF SECRET SAUCE IS NOT BACKED BY NUMBERS TO THIS POINT AND IS NOT AIDED BY THE FACT HIS TEAM WAS SWEPT OUT AS THE TOP SEED IN ROUND 2.

Does that help? FFS

Playoff has an “L” in it:

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Reinz ketchup bottle drips the runny stuff no one wants over the early games, with the payoff being the substantial flow that cascades over the rest

- - -

Only Enzo has playoff sauce 

Edited by Thorny

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Another poster who for reasons best known to himself has an issue with me, took the chance to use your misreading of the numbers to call what I said a “narrative”

I've got no issue with you.  To me, those stats you posted contradict the narrative that Reino is a slow starter.  Behind his average pace?  Okay, sure.  But slow starter?  Eh, not really, at least not the way I see it.  I really thought you were citing those numbers to present evidence that Reinhart does not start slow.  Sorry if I misinterpreted.

Edited by Doohickie

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

We have 12 points and there are 11 other teams within one or two points of us. Are all the teams above average this year? 

In our division, certainly, and even in the conference.  I saw a stat when the Sabres were finishing their road trip that the East was 26-5-4 or something like that versus the West.  The East has 11.25 standings points per team on average.  The West has 9.31 points per team (I didn't go so far as to look at games played, assuming they're more or lease even).

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Wow, that is going to be an awful flight for the Penguins into Buffalo tonight

They'll be on the second night of a back-to-back in a game they should have won.  The Sabres need to run them out of the building with speed.

2 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

I'm assuming the 7:30 start tomorrow is to accommodate for their travel?  Makes for a longer evening coming from ROC but fine vs tired team.

It's a TV schedule thing:  The game is on TNT.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Wow, that is going to be an awful flight for the Penguins into Buffalo tonight

I've seen the Penguins a couple times this year and they can definitely be beat. They can still score, but they allow a lot of goals too. They tire in the 3rd (age I imagine) and with our speed and scoring if we stay on them aggressively we can win big (possibly in a high score game). This one tonight will make them even more worn down. Get on them early and keep bringing it. 

re the Bruins, Lindholm is a huge part of their early success. He is playing all star calibre hockey, the best of his career. I'm hoping one day Power will be this good. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Curt said:

Bad boy Marco!

Wasn’t that always the book on him?  Competitive and feisty, right up to, and occasionally beyond, the best point of being dirty.

I don't think I've ever seen a player actively engaged in a battle, stand straight up, stop skating, and just ... idk what. It's like he thought the play was over.

On 11/2/2022 at 10:26 AM, Eleven said:

Was that even a fight?

It was more of a beating. A trip to the woodshed if you will.

14 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think I've ever seen a player actively engaged in a battle, stand straight up, stop skating, and just ... idk what. It's like he thought the play was over.

Yeah, that was weird. I know the dude fell into the boards awkwardly, but he also still had the puck when he was checked and he wasn't checked from behind. Maybe don't stop playing hockey when you have the puck next time? I dunno. 

I'm a customer of his phone company. 

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Listening to the Canucks whining it seems NJ is playing a similar fast style to us so it'll be interesting to see who is doing it better when we meet up, but perhaps they are also an underestimated team. 

What happened to the "fire Lindy" chatter? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.