Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Curt said:

That is scary.  It doesn’t look like Maroon actually stepped down on Kane’s wrist though.  Looked like more of a fly by slash.  So hopefully he wasn’t cut too deeply with any long term damage.

Yes. Absolutely terrifying. As a musician, it's why I stopped playing hockey.

8 hours ago, FogBat said:

Ok, I’m going to play devil’s advocate.

Let’s say a lawyer did take his case and found whatever argument he could use to get his eligibility reinstated. Not saying that I think he should do that, but I wouldn’t put it past him or his counsel if he hired one.

I don't want to keep talking about this kid. Even if he did that and won, there's no way the Bruins will side with him ever again. He'd get some money and be banished somewhere. He will never play in the NHL. 

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Don't know about that.  His biggest problem IMHO is that he still tries to make passes that NHLers will intercept 9 times out of 10.  He also makes passes that not many others can make that actually do get through.  Playing against AHLers won't teach him what he can & can't get away with.

His getting pushed around at times is a distant 2nd (again IMHO) in issues plaguing his game.

Playing a handful of games & then watching a couple is probably the best way to develop him.  That seems to be the plan, though no idea when he might get another chance to watch rather than do/try.

I disagree. I think it's pretty clear that he isn't going to be a top line offensive talent. (I could be wrong, but it's my assessment) With that in mind, I still think he does have speed and skills and a good hockey IQ so I'm sending him to the AHL and instructing the coaches down there to try to turn him into a role player. I want him on the PK, in checking scenarios, practicing face offs, defending leads, NOT on the PP and not in a scoring offensive role. See if he can become a solid checking 2 way guy rather than a bust.   trying him in those scenarios in the NHL will be too difficult at first and will lead to losses. 

Nothing wrong with going back down. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

McAvoy likely coming off of LTIR this week. Bruins going to have to do some serious cap gymnastics this week. KA should call and see if they want to sweeten something. 

They put Mike Reilly on waiver but since our defense is almost fully back now I doubt we’d take a shot at him

6 hours ago, steveoath said:

Heartbreaking.... response from Isaiah Meyer Crowthers.

Screenshot_20221109-180913_Instagram.jpg

Let's give the guy another chance though. Just the mistakes of youth. Who can believe this anyway, it's just self serving hearsay. It's not credible.

/End extreme sarcasm

There isn't a hole deep enough for Mitchell Miller.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

They put Mike Reilly on waiver but since our defense is almost fully back now I doubt we’d take a shot at him

They did but that's only step one. They still have to come up with another 6 million plus I believe. Forbert might go on LTIR but more still has to happen. I'd still take Reilly, but at this point with their squeeze I'd want them to toss in a higher mid level draft pick, maybe even ask for a 2nd rounder. Craig Smith is another name tossed around as an overpaid has been. Same thing. I'd want a solid pick or prospect to take him, but I think there is an  opportunity to get something from them. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.