Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/vegas-golden-knights-star-phil-kessel-breaks-nhl-record-after-not-missing-a-game-for-almost-13-years/ar-AA13opfx

Anyone who doesn't think is incredible just doesn't get hockey.

The fact that he scored his 400th goal to boot is even more mind blowing.

And when people make fun of him for being fat,… just shut up. You're not funny.

Edited by SwampD
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, SwampD said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/vegas-golden-knights-star-phil-kessel-breaks-nhl-record-after-not-missing-a-game-for-almost-13-years/ar-AA13opfx

Incredible feat indeed. 

Can we still make fun of his red purse?

• Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

And all that after the cancer scare too.

One quick question.  Am I also not funny when I used to claim that his brother who played in college at UNH actually grew from that ball that they had to cut out?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

And all that after the cancer scare too.

One quick question.  Am I also not funny when I used to claim that his brother who played in college at UNH actually grew from that ball that they had to cut out?

Now that is funny.

12 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Last year's first 9 games.

2G 5A

Career in October 

83GP 12G 27A

Checks out. Slow starter, save apparently last season 

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Never let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Sorry, what? 

Reinhart 

379 career points in 541 games

39 October points 83 October games

340 non-October points 458 non October games 

39 points per 82 in October 

61 points per 82 everywhere else 

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Never let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Never let math get in the way of another awful post 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Clearly, Reinhart should be scratched from the lineup until November 1st. 😁

Reinz ketchup bottle drips the runny stuff no one wants over the early games, with the payoff being the substantial flow that cascades over the rest

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Contempt said:

His points per game dropped in half last playoffs

And?

I quoted someone else’s post, pointing out that Reinhart commonly starts slow. You, for reasons best known to yourself, quoted my post with stats I can only assume you incorrectly interpreted to mean my point wasn’t correct (and it assuredly was). Another poster who for reasons best known to himself has an issue with me, took the chance to use your misreading of the numbers to call what I said a “narrative”, ridiculously. Far from being a narrative, what I posted was simply the statistical truth. This inability to understand how math works isn’t really my problem. 

You can’t salvage your initial incorrectness by starting an argument I had no intention of having, sorry. I don’t care if Reinhart’s production in last year’s playoffs, a small sample size to boot, went down. It’s immaterial to what I was saying. 

Next. 

Edited by Thorny

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

And?

I quoted someone else’s post, pointing out that Reinhart commonly starts slow. You, for reasons best known to yourself, quoted my post with stats I can only assume you incorrectly interpreted to mean my point wasn’t correct (and it assuredly was). Another poster who for reasons best known to himself has an issue with me, took the chance to use your misreading of the numbers to call what I said a “narrative”, ridiculously. Far from being a narrative, what I posted was simply the statistical truth. This inability to understand how math works isn’t really my problem. 

You can’t salvage your initial incorrectness by starting an argument I had no intention of having, sorry. I don’t care if Reinhart’s production in last year’s playoffs, a small sample size to boot, went down. It’s immaterial to what I was saying. 

Next. 

I wasn't making commentary at all. I was just posting out his stats since it was being discussed but don't let that stop you.

That my posts seem inconsistent to an argument is because I wasn't making an argument in the first place. I didn't have a particular opinion about Reinhart when he was a Sabre and I really don't care about him now.

I should know better at this point, talking at all about Sam Reinhart is like discussing religion or politics.

In short. Settle down. Nobody wants to argue with you.

Edited by Contempt

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Swish 

Whatever man. I posted stats to back up what you were saying and you want to read that as me arguing with you. Ok. Let me be more clear.

YOUR INITIAL POSIT THAT REINHART IS A SLOW STARTER IS CORRECT AND BACKED BY THE NUMBERS I POSTED WHICH IS WHY I POSTED THEM. TI STOP PEOPLE FROM ARGUING ABOUT IT.

YOUR POSIT THAT HE HAS SOME SORT OF PLAYOFF SECRET SAUCE IS NOT BACKED BY NUMBERS TO THIS POINT AND IS NOT AIDED BY THE FACT HIS TEAM WAS SWEPT OUT AS THE TOP SEED IN ROUND 2.

Does that help? FFS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.