Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

16 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Listening to the Canucks whining it seems NJ is playing a similar fast style to us so it'll be interesting to see who is doing it better when we meet up, but perhaps they are also an underestimated team. 

Oh I think the Devils and the Sabres are pretty evenly matched.  And both ascending rapidly.  Seems like the Wings aren't there yet, the Sens are close and the Habs much better than expected but not there yet.

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What happened to the "fire Lindy" chatter? 

Apparently Lindy isn't the dinosaur everyone thought he was.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Ryan Reynolds also reportedly interested in the Kraken. I guess he's enjoyed owning that soccer team and wants the sport he actually enjoys. Damn celebrities clearly have too much cash lying around 🙂

Apparently he sold his gin brand for close to a billion dollars.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Sabres are gonna catch their second straight opponent coming off OT on a back to and a late flight. Will Donnie Meatballs have them doing another rope a dope and crushing a tired team in the third period tomorrow night?

Rope a dope with these guys and find yourself way too far down. Maybe they'll be a little tired, but they skate so much better than Pittsburgh so I doubt it. It's speed against speed and it might come down to goaltending.

On an unrelated note, something's wrong with Minnesota. I watched them play the Kraken tonight and they were dreadful. A shadow of what they were last year. They look like a team that has quit on their coach but idk, whatever it is, they are bad right now. If they decide to tear things down I'd offer them a prospect to bring back Marcus. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Oh I think the Devils and the Sabres are pretty evenly matched.  And both ascending rapidly.  Seems like the Wings aren't there yet, the Sens are close and the Habs much better than expected but not there yet.

Sens coming out on the wrong end of a lot of 1 goal games. I'm thinking their goaltending injuries have really cost them and might just ruin their whole plan for this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sens coming out on the wrong end of a lot of 1 goal games. I'm thinking their goaltending injuries have really cost them and might just ruin their whole plan for this year. 

So basically they are this year's incarnation of last year's Sabres?

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So basically they are this year's incarnation of last year's Sabres?

Only in terms of the goaltending maybe. Giroux is scoring and some of their additions seem solid, as do some of their kids, but ya, they need to score like 6 or 7 some nights to win. 

I was just looking at the standings for the first time in a bit and they are crazy full of surprises. Most of all St. Louis tied for dead last with Columbus. That keeps up Ryan's going to lose his love again. 

14 hours ago, Doohickie said:

A friend with a bit of an inside track on the Devils tells me that the expectation is that Ruff will train Brunette to succeed him and then retire at the end of the year (his contract is expiring).

Edited by Eleven

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

A friend with a bit of an inside track on the Devils tells me that the expectation is that Ruff will train Brunette to succeed him and then retire at the end of the year (his contract is expiring).

I could see that.  Brunette got straight shafted in Florida.  I think he's going to be a decent coach.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

On the NHL channel on SiriusXM this morning, they said the popular wisdom of the fan base is that if/when the Devils falter they would fire Lindy and promote Brunette.

20 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

On the NHL channel on SiriusXM this morning, they said the popular wisdom of the fan base is that if/when the Devils falter they would fire Lindy and promote Brunette.

Very similar to what my friend said--but she added that the Devils do want to give Brunette some time.  So I'd think that any date after January 1 is really fair game.

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

This is the case where the family has said the biggest issue is he has yet to apologize to the family, correct? 

STILL?!

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

This is the case where the family has said the biggest issue is he has yet to apologize to the family, correct? 

I have seen it pointed out that by law he was forbidden from contacting them which would seem to make doing so very complicated. He did in fact apologize to the victim in court.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

I do think the kid should not be black listed for life due to something done as an 8th grader.  Still, the Bruins would be very wise to keep him away from their fans.  They'll bring that behavior out of him if he's still like that at all.

We are all guilty of doing some horrible things or having horrible views as juveniles. Myself, I wish I could go back and redo things with what I know now and I didn’t really do anything that bad. But, kids are brutal to each other for very stupid, immature reasons. I’ve been on the opposite end as well. Wish it was never that way. 

Edit: that said, iirc, this was the case where they forced the kid to bite a urinal puck. That’s just very wrong on so many levels. It wasn’t just incessant teasing. 

Edited by kas23
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.