Around the NHL: 2022 Off-season

That Aud Smell

33 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Given the make-up of the Sabres now, I would not.  He is the kind of coach I would want for a veteran team.

He's the kind of guy to show the kids the vets the bedraggled chronically depressed fans that this is the N H effin L. Tighten you bung holes buttercups.

The one good year would be glorious.

7 hours ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

I heard Zegras talking crap about Arizona on spitting chiclets the other day and then this happens last night

https://twitter.com/UKhoops1_BBN/status/1575327555325988871?s=20&t=ttelRyxPzt7Mh_Xr5_Pnng

Personally I love the hit and the fact there was probably some malice behind it for the disrespect Zegras showed. 

Edit: Zegras was asked if he had the Yotes game circled on his calendar and he had replied “no one has Arizona games circled on their calendar”

Talk sh!t get hit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I will keep this out of the trade thread, but if you need some entertainment, go read Twitter and search for Jason Robertson. Then look for any one with a Dallas Stars affiliation. 

Some great examples: 

image.thumb.png.4c7d4a108a2aa679c1ebfb0e6b2d72d5.png

Ah, yes, only three contracts for 9.5x3, 9.85x5, and 3.65x3. So just $23m tied up for three years on bad contracts. It's a stretch to say tying up 28% of the cap space on bad contracts qualifies as "so many."

Also the quotes throwing Robertson under the bus for not signing.

image.thumb.png.c964412f5568c497c639be482f658a81.png

Yeah, that'll teach him. We'll pull the 5'8" 19 year old kid from the WHL and slot him in as third line center and that easily replaces a 40 goal scorer.

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

I will keep this out of the trade thread, but if you need some entertainment, go read Twitter and search for Jason Robertson. Then look for any one with a Dallas Stars affiliation. 

Some great examples: 

image.thumb.png.4c7d4a108a2aa679c1ebfb0e6b2d72d5.png

Ah, yes, only three contracts for 9.5x3, 9.85x5, and 3.65x3. So just $23m tied up for three years on bad contracts. It's a stretch to say tying up 28% of the cap space on bad contracts qualifies as "so many."

Also the quotes throwing Robertson under the bus for not signing.

image.thumb.png.c964412f5568c497c639be482f658a81.png

Yeah, that'll teach him. We'll pull the 5'8" 19 year old kid from the WHL and slot him in as third line center and that easily replaces a 40 goal scorer.

You're right, of course, but I think pretty much every fan base has a bunch of yobs delivering terrible homer takes on twitter.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Clearly they read my Ted Talk in the prospects challenge thread

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He may not be disappointed per se but I think he also knows that virtually everyone was expecting Shane Wright. If Slafkovsky is in Finland and Wright is in the league and doing well the public and press will be merciless even if Slafkovsky ends up the better player 4 years from now.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2022 at 9:38 AM, Eleven said:

Ok, I don't love Zegras, but that's a pretty funny response.

Without a doubt. And I probably would have made a similar statement because I’m a ballbuster. But I’m also smart enough to read the room and if I was playing a preseason game in Arizona I’d keep my head up lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.