Who are your posters at "The Aud Club"?

phil_soisson

Been a Buffalo hockey fan since the late 60's, when Shorty Lalonde drove the Zamboni, and sharpened the skates, and "Phil Soisson" was the voice of the Bisons on WGR. Living out of state for decades, and not seeing many games, you guys and gals have become my connection to Buffalo hockey, and I very much appreciate it. Coming here is the closest thing to reading either Charlie Barton in the Courier, or Dick Johnston in the BEN, on the merits of a game. That being said, and with a general appreciation for everyone's input, these are my top five favorite posters, for the insights they provide: "LGR4GM", "Randall Flagg", "dudacek", "darksabre", "Eleven". Does anyone have favorites?

• Like (+1) 4

You are very welcome.  

I too am an out of towner, but grew up in The Great Satan and had / have family in Buffalo.  Went to many a Sabre and some Bills games until my wife and I moved to the East Coast in Nova Scotia.

This board is only as good as the content posted and we have many, many outstanding regulars and some not so regular.  It's all very good.  We have lost many good ones along the way too, but others are always coming along.  

I am a 10 year vet now and I do like the content of everyone.  I do not have any favourites.  Some post simple and to the point while others are much more analytical and detailed.  It's all good.

The only member here that I hold to the highest degree is @SDS.  If it were not for him none of us would be here.  I thank him everytime that I log in.

Edited by The Ghost of Doohickie
more goodly ...
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, phil_soisson said:

Been a Buffalo hockey fan since the late 60's, when Shorty Lalonde drove the Zamboni, and sharpened the skates, and "Phil Soisson" was the voice of the Bisons on WGR. Living out of state for decades, and not seeing many games, you guys and gals have become my connection to Buffalo hockey, and I very much appreciate it. Coming here is the closest thing to reading either Charlie Barton in the Courier, or Dick Johnston in the BEN, on the merits of a game. That being said, and with a general appreciation for everyone's input, these are my top five favorite posters, for the insights they provide: "LGR4GM", "Randall Flagg", "dudacek", "darksabre", "Eleven". Does anyone have favorites?

Are there recordings of Phil on the Internet? What was he like? I'm kind of ashamed I know virtually nothing of Bisons history. I was surprised to learn a while back that Rick called road games in the team's final season, 69-70, and thus possibly called a hockey championship for Buffalo. Would love to hear that, if it happened.

1 hour ago, phil_soisson said:

What a cool back story and thoughtful post. That's an interesting distribution of respect you have there - it almost seems like they're listed in the order of a continuum of some kind? I'm going to @ them here so that they don't miss the recognition: @LGR4GM @Randall Flagg @dudacek @darksabre @Eleven 

I have several favourites whose content I seek out here. The most recent poster who's slid into that list is @Broken Ankles - they been bringing it.

Shoutout to some of the best whom we've lost along the way. @X. Benedict for starters.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Some of the work and dedication these posters put up is awesome, charts and graphs that I can't understand, rules and regulations, etc et. Brawndo breaking news before it happens all the time. 

It's nice to come here and get all the info and both sides from people I feel I have at least a mild connection with. Some I've met in person, some that I hope to meet one day. 

Keep it up SS, one day I'll try to add more hockey content instead of the dribble I typically bring 😂😂

• Like (+1) 3

I appreciate the mention OP, but I've been posting on autopilot/as a shell of myself since the covid shutdown. Build the reputation with college procrastination & autism and then coast the rest of the way :) 

Many others deserve recognition. The posters that stood out to me the most over the years are PA (the uncle with whom I've had a falling out), X. Benedict, Ghost of Dwight Drane, dudacek, and Neo. I think these five posters not only are fascinating to read on any topic, but would outstrip a vast majority of the general population in intelligence tests of any kind. That's not to say that there aren't other wicked-smart posters, but I think these guys combine a unique brand of wisdom, humor, linguistic prowess with their elite hockey poster traits.

Other posters contribute to a unique character that only this board possesses, the likes of which I've not seen anywhere else. These posters include but are not limited to Weave, SwampD, Taro, That Aud Smell, Eleven, nfreeman, inkman, NS, Doohickie (whatever you last two are calling yourselves now). 

Then comes in the foundation, the worker bees that start and drive discussions at all hours of the day. Curt, bob_sauve28 and his relentless optimism (he's really funny if you look for it), matter2003, crusader, sakman, woods-racer, that JohnC guy is very good. Needs an avatar to help forge his board identity. Zamboni and his aggressive assertions that it's just his opinion! triumph communes, who weathers all kinds of antagonism for whatever reason. So many more I can't name who deserve to be named. 

More one-of-a-kind guys like wookie, Liger, Brawndo, pi, GASabreFan.

Old guard wyldnwoody, Promo, dark (he comes and goes on geological timescales), ubkev, WildCard (yeah I know youre my age but we came on like 10 years ago, so we are now "old guard" lol), chz, Hank's drive-bys (sorry I literally always argue with you, i promise i don't seek you out for it). I see MattPie floating around again. Same with bunomatic. 

We have quite the crew here.

And I can't forget Thorny, who will turn each and every one of us into a logician with impenetrable theses. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, phil_soisson said:

Welcome to the board!

We have lost a lot of great posters in The Disastrous Decade.  I hope they come back when the team warrants their attention.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I tend to like CallawaySabres because whenever I am feeling down, he lifts me back up with all of his positive attitude towards the team. Thank you for always being such a beacon of light Callaway!

I heard you can cut a 1 iron out of the rough and drop it over the pin and get it to spin back.

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Do we really need another popularity thread? 

The following posters are amazing:

mister rogers middle finger GIF

So your favorite poster is 11?

edit.

Just to explain my humor.

The double bird looks like the number 11 to me. 

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

NS is one of mine and folks who supported me through my cancer treatment including SDS a few years ago... love the stat guys even though it gets into the weeds and 11, Josie and her art and Brawndo for his unfailing inside info... lot of good hockey minds here.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.