GDT, Nov. 18: The Flames of Calgary @ The Sabres of Buffalo, 7PM (MSG, SN360)

Thorny

Should be a good one. 

The Sabres sit with a record of 7-6-2 heading in, coming off a 2-1 win over Crosby's Penguins 

The Flames sit at 8-3-5, coming off an OT loss to the Flyers from Philly

• The Sabres have been excellent at home 5-2-1, but the Flames have been excellent on the road, with a mark of 6-2-2
  • Rasmus Asplund leads the Sabres with 10 points (4 + 6), Elias Lindholm leads the Flames with 17 points (8 +9)
  • Sabres find themselves currently in 6th in the Atlantic, Flames are 3rd in the Pacific 

- - - 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.bd88ee53be0a1556ef3bd03dd4dc4037.jpg

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

• Thorny changed the title to GDT, Nov. 18: The Flames of Calgary @ The Sabres of Buffalo, 7PM (MSG, SN360)

I always thought that the Flames from Calgary was a dumb name to keep when they moved from Atlanta the first time Atlanta lost their team.  Did Calgary burn down and nobody told me?  They should have come up with an even dumber name ... like Stampeders, or Saddles, or some other dumb Calgary themed name.

Anyway,

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I always thought that the Flames from Calgary was a dumb name to keep when they moved from Atlanta the first time Atlanta lost their team.  Did Calgary burn down and nobody told me?  They should have come up with an even dumber name ... like Stampeders, or Saddles, or some other dumb Calgary themed name.

Anyway,

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Did I ask what you thought?

MADAM WOO

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

During a critical game it was customary to post "Must Win!" in the GDT.  That morphed into any random two-word phrase with the two words beginning with M and W.

And it evolved into such because the idea the Sabres would ever actually have a "must win" was laughable, right? Maybe the MWs will evolve *back* into "must wins" as the team improves. Would be fitting! 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Anyway,

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

I'm not sure how "great" this is without know how many buildings Calgary had before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calgary_Fire_of_1886

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Anyway,

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Roughriders

Rough Riders 

Tiger-Cats

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.