Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We are all hoping Jack has a long healthy career, right?

I’m hoping he has a healthy life but never gets a Cup or gets to play in Boston. Essentially I’m hoping his doctors will recommend he retire at his contract’s end for safety concerns. Is that wrong? I don’t wish any bodily harm on him; I don’t think he’s evil incarnate; but I want him not to succeed or ever play for Bawstan.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Weave said:

So, what am I looking at?

Lumbar L5-S1 with a M6-L disk inserted in 2019.  You are seeing the top half of the disk misaligned with the bottom half. 

It’s not cervical, but it shows an everyday person and ***** that happens. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Lumbar L5-S1 with a M6-L disk inserted in 2019.  You are seeing the top half of the disk misaligned with the bottom half. 

It’s not cervical, but it shows an everyday person and ***** that happens. 

It looked like someone was *****.  The details, had no idea.

I'm sure there are "after" pictures like these for every treatment.  Good luck Jack.  And hope it doesn't come down to luck.

Enjoy Vegas, you enemy.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Weave said:

So, what am I looking at?

You are looking at an AD slippage. However, the big difference here is this is the sacral vertebrae. This patient may have been feeling some leg numbness, maybe incontinence. A disc slippage in the c-spine would be much more serious, if not catastrophic. 

Yeah if that was C5-C7 or anywhere in the cervival spine, that person would be in a world of hurt.. I'm not an ortho guy, but the Lumbar spine is typical much more stable than the Cervical spine, from the simple stabilizer muscles alone. Let's hope Jack avoids any collisions that would cause massive deceleration or snapping of the neck. I personally feel that his career is going to be shortened from a complication, but that's just a wild guess. 

Anyways, onwards and upwards, the Sabres have a lot of work to do without a star. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yeah if that was C5-C7 or anywhere in the cervival spine, that person would be in a world of hurt.. I'm not an ortho guy, but the Lumbar spine is typical much more stable than the Cervical spine, from the simple stabilizer muscles alone. Let's hope Jack avoids any collisions that would cause massive deceleration or snapping of the neck. I personally feel that his career is going to be shortened from a complication, but that's just a wild guess. 

Anyways, onwards and upwards, the Sabres have a lot of work to do without a star. 

He says he’s in massive pain because I believe the bottom disk is impinging upon the nerves. But I see the same sorts of pictures in these Facebook groups of people who have had failure in the cervical area. The discs are misaligned like this because the disk doesn’t set properly into the bone.

3 hours ago, SDS said:

He says he’s in massive pain because I believe the bottom disk is impinging upon the nerves. But I see the same sorts of pictures in these Facebook groups of people who have had failure in the cervical area. The discs are misalignous like this because the disk doesn’t set properly into the bone.

I know a discectomy would help with temporary pain but ultimately the arthritis that will develop later in life will be quite painful. I don't know how well a disc replacement will hold up, maybe in our lives it would be OK, but yeah, it's something I'm keeping an eye on. 

I think the Sabres were smart to not OK this particular procedure. 

13 hours ago, inkman said:

Well I’m not rooting for him to get injured. Anything else, meh.  

Yeah, I agree.  The funny thing is, I don't really care. Does he win an MVP and a Cup and a scoring title? Well someone has to win those things, if it is him I don't care.  Does he score a hat trick in the first game against the Sabres? Wouldn't care more or less than anyone else.  Or doe he have a disappointing rest of his career, being a 70 point guy that ends up being a 2nd line center?  Again, not a big deal to me.

To me Jack is a very strange player in terms of how I root for and against him.  If I were to look up my posts over the last 3-4 years, I kinda always felt that way about him.  I wanted him to do well as a Sabre, but I never really rooted for him the way I would have for a lot of less talented Sabres players in the past.  I can't really describe it...with him there was always some kind of void with me where that fan-player 'fandom' should have been.

• Like (+1) 4

On 1/14/2022 at 6:45 PM, woods-racer said:

From a mechanical engineering stand point, FUBAR. Timmy's erector-neck is not in alignment leaving all his valuable internal wires getting pinched or cut off.

And this, I think, is the exact reason why the Pegulas didn't want to authorize this surgery.  They wanted no part of any responsibility if something like this should happen to Jack.  And I don't blame them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2022 at 6:51 AM, mjd1001 said:

I never really rooted for him the way I would have for a lot of less talented Sabres players in the past.

I get it.  I kind of felt the same way.  He always felt.... different.  Temporary?  Maybe too much was put on him, maybe he took too much on himself.  But landing him almost felt too good to be true and actually... it was.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I get it.  I kind of felt the same way.  He always felt.... different.  Temporary?  Maybe too much was put on him, maybe he took too much on himself.  But landing him almost felt too good to be true and actually... it was.

For me the time involved seems much less now that I am older.

When I was a kid and watching the French Connection it seemed like they were together forever.  In reality the Connection was only together from 1972 until 1979 when Robert was traded by Scotty.  I think 2 years later Martin was traded by Scotty.

28 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

For me the time involved seems much less now that I am older.

When I was a kid and watching the French Connection it seemed like they were together forever.  In reality the Connection was only together from 1972 until 1979 when Robert was traded by Scotty.  I think 2 years later Martin was traded by Scotty.

And even though Rico was done at that point, having had his knee wrecked by Mike Freaking Palmateer of the Toronto Freaking Maple Leafs (after scoring 45 goals the previous season), and only played 4 games for LA after being traded, I never forgave Scotty.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

And even though Rico was done at that point, having had his knee wrecked by Mike Freaking Palmateer of the Toronto Freaking Maple Leafs (after scoring 45 goals the previous season), and only played 4 games for LA after being traded, I never forgave Scotty.

I hear you.

Scotty followed that trade up with that other terrible trade with Detroit.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Very badly, but we could easily share our frustrations.

Dale McCourt was a still young #1 overall pick coming off an 86 point season. Foligno was a 3rd year #2 overall player who had already put up 30 goals 70 points and 200 PIMs.

Gare and Schoeny were the heart and soul of a legit contender.

What a blockbuster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.