Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

I can't say I'm thrilled about giving up our top center even though it was inevitable. It's about as good of a return as we could have got and the future looks bright although Krebs was struggling from what I read but I think he'll be worked in slowly to see where he fits. Tuch is such an underrated player and I might be even more excited about him than Krebs right now, we finally have that true power forward, he'll be fun to watch when he's off of LTIR. The first could be a high 1 since Vegas has injury woes this year and it supposed to be a deep draft so that's good news. I thought the Sabres would be under the cap floor though, not sure how this works?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea Jack Eichel helping kids with cancer and donating ppg really didn't fit into the community. 

***** hell ppl. Eichel was fine and he wanted to move on. The Sabres are going to be fine and wanted to move on. We don't have ***** all over each side. 

Relax with the  profanity.   You take away from your point when you go off like that.  

Point taken, Jack did many good things for the community as well.   

So, Tuch, Krebs, and a late (protected) first. 

Looking at the macro, moving from a franchise 1C, who had established at an MVP level in his most recent full season, to two players who will likely be reasonable top 6 players and a lotto ticket, is pretty disappointing. Yes, Jack is hurt, but so is Tuch. There's a lot of uncertainty built into what Krebs, and the pick, become. I wish we would have decided to let Eichel get the surgery, and kept him. I see him returning to health, considering his age and the treatment he'll get, especially when considering what remains on his current contract. 

Through the prism of the team "needing" to deal Jack, as some believe: the trade seems to be pretty reasonable market value. It's pretty darn dumb imo they didn't retain salary to get a better return, reminds me of the ROR bonus issue. I also hope Krebs wasn't on the table months ago, otherwise waiting was pointless. But assuming he didn't become available till recently, as said the return seems reasonable, provided you subscribe to the context he needed to go. Krebs adds one more bullet to the Krebs/Cozens/Mittelstadt arrangement that we hopefully get 2 top 6 centres from, which is the best part of the deal, considering where we sit/sat at C, organizationally.

On a personal level, even preparing for this beforehand...wasn't fully mentally ready. Losing the player I liked best on the team...the most exciting player...a player I've devoted so much time and energy and thought to over the last 6 years, partly due to the place this franchise accorded this asset right from conception of the strategy...didn't think it would end this way. The promise still feels quite fresh. To me, Jack was still that Blinding Light, even if for Kevyn Adams, that light had dulled. 

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

JJ - Krebs - Quinn is going to be insane. You have the disruptor, the distributor, and the shooter. All 3 have a 200ft game. 

I thought those were Cozens' guys going forward? Haha

20 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

I'm enjoying the responses in here

That guy got completely Ratio'd.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If true, it was a slick move to get Kevin Weekes to float the Tkachuk rumor.

Wait.  I thought the slimy agents were responsible for all that and the media is complicit.

So hard to follow.

I for one am excited by this.  Fresh start and breaking away from an unlikeable team.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I think this is the way. Amass a depth, relentless team instead of 2-3 All Star talents.

I envy the Bruins for what they've had with Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Krejci, etc. You can hate these guys all you want but, minus Chara finally moving on, the Bruins have been the model of stability for a very impressive term. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea Jack Eichel helping kids with cancer and donating ppg really didn't fit into the community. 

***** hell ppl. Eichel was fine and he wanted to move on. The Sabres are going to be fine and wanted to move on. We don't have ***** all over each side. 

Relax.  The community did not accept Jack like they accepted Briere or Lafo taine or Hasek, etc.  it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

While awesome and good.......does this mean Jack was "Buffalo" and truly embraced the city? 

I never ever ever sensed that and I think a lot of people agreed probably long before the losing got bad.  

The losing got bad and I know I'm making a judgement without knowing all the facts but it's the internet so....I just believe his attitude and approach contributed heavily to it. 

Great player no doubt. 

Not generational and never will be.  

Bye.  

lol such bs

The Sabres lost because they brought in trash coaches and drafted like crap while giving a terrible defender 25 minutes a night and starting AHL level goaltending. 

Definitely Eichel's fault for that. LMFAO

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 8

I saw Jack around town.  He certainly embraced the kids and the infirm.  I see nothing in his behaviour here since he signed his contract which would make me question his commitment to the community when he was here.

• Like (+1) 6

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If we're lucky we end up with a collection of players similar to what the Bruins have had for the last decade. No obvious number one star but just a bunch of good to really good hard working guys with a good leadership core that knows how to play a team game.

Bergeron is one of the best, most complete players to ever play the game. Not that I disagree with your overall point, about needing a collection, but that the drop off from Bergeron to the next guy wasn't extreme is a testament to their team building ability, not a mark against Bergeron being a star. Bergeron was/is absolutely a star. When you are one of the top 5/10 centres in the game for the duration of your career, if he's not a "star", that's just semantics. 

He's headlining Team Canada Olympic rosters, for jeepers sakes 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Relax with the  profanity.   You take away from your point when you go off like that.  

Point taken, Jack did many good things for the community as well.   

What if profanity is how I express myself and I am not as wound up as you think? I think it is just ***** stupid to be shitting on eichel. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Bergeron is one of the best, most complete players to ever play the game. Not that I disagree with your overall point, about needing a collection, but that the drop off from Bergeron to the next guy wasn't extreme is a testament to their team building ability, not a mark against Bergeron being a star. Bergeron was/is absolutely a star. When you are one of the top 5/10 centres in the game for the duration of your career, if he's not a "star", that's just semantics. 

I would bet most hockey fans don't even think about Bergeron. He's one of the best players in the game and he gets zero attention. I like that.

• Like (+1) 3

Nobody needs to dump on Eichel. He was a world class talent but it didn’t work here. A lot of it was out of his control but I think behind closed doors he had a hand in this mess too. Let him move on. The NHL is a better place with a healthy Eichel playing.

I like the return and I like the way this team is being built.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, darksabre said:

I would bet most hockey fans don't even think about Bergeron. He's one of the best players in the game and he gets zero attention. I like that.

Agree, and it also speaks to how players "wear" their draft status, a decade after it's relevant. He wasn't drafted as a Star, so, to your point, he often doesn't get that label. And it speaks to the common-fan's devaluing of a two-way game, as well, in favour of a purely points-based view. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Nobody needs to dump on Eichel. He was a world class talent but it didn’t work here. A lot of it was out of his control but I think behind closed doors he had a hand in this mess too. Let him move on. The NHL is a better place with a healthy Eichel playing.

I like the return and I like the way this team is being built.

It’s a solid trade for both teams. Tuch will leave you guys wanting more but you will find out when he turns it into high gear not many guys are going to catch him. He moves unbelievably well for a guy his size. Sucks losing him and Krebs but VGK needed a #1 center and I believe he’s going to thrive here in Vegas.

• Like (+1) 1

From what I have seen of Krebs fast agile good hockey sense and well placed shooting ability... Tuch hustles, speed to burn kinda like Girgenson but bigger and tough on forecheck... he will drop the gloves too... A first and second... tired of Eichel drama.. glad its over.  Adams imo did the right thing and players he got appear to fit the mold he is building. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.