Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Krebs is good buddies with Cozens. They have played a lot together for Canada. He also played with Levi and Quinn on Team Canada last year. One story I like about Krebs is that he played for an awful Kooteny Ice team a couple years ago. He was basically all the skill they had. They said he never complained once, just showed up and worked his butt off every game. He lead the team in scoring by a ton and was still -50 but never let his frustration show. I have no doubt he will embrace Buffalo. His style fits in perfectly with Granato’s.

Tuch is from Syracuse, I doubt he will be bummed about Buffalo.

He was a minus 50?  Don’t let a certain poster here see that.  😀

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

The trade is solid; not a home run but like a base hit that scores a couple runs.

I guess solid is good for a deal involving your 'franchise player' that was supposed to be a good consolation to not getting McDavid.

Might be a little more accurate that the base hit scored a couple of runs, in the 9th while your down by 5 with 2 outs considering the way the Sabres are in another rebuild too.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m glad this is finally over, just as everyone else seems to be. This is the value you get for a broken Jack Eichel, nothing more, nothing less.

The pick protection is the only real frustrating part and there is a chance (considering Tuch’s injury situation) this is a true zero for Eichel in five years BUT that’s, again, what you’d expect. I feel that’s very unlikely.

I haven’t been big on Krebs before but he has made some beautiful play. There was a cross-ice pass for an assist in the playoffs (I think?) last year that changed my mind on him already.

The most important questions have yet to be asked:

What number will Tuch wear? Mogilny remains the only 89 in team history, his precious numbers are 10 (taken), 12, 17, 37 (taken), 53 (taken).

What number will Krebs wear? He wore 18 in Vegas which is retired. 19 was his Juniors number and is available. He has also worn 17.

Eichel? 9 and 11 are both available in Vegas (but 15 isn’t). So is 69.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Personally I think Krebs has started slow on the score board and Vegas started slow. This made them rethink trading Krebs and they now feel good after 9 games of him moving him for Eichel. 

Peyton Krebs btw is going to be 21 in January. He is the same age as Dylan Cozens. 

Yes....if I recall correctly(?), Krebs was also considered a top 10 pick until he suffered an achilles injury before the draft....so he fell to the mid portion of the first round.  Hopefully he and Cozens can gel together.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Yes....if I recall correctly(?), Krebs was also considered a top 10 pick until he suffered an achilles injury before the draft....so he fell to the mid portion of the first round.  Hopefully he and Cozens can gel together.

Yes, Krebs was a possible option for Buffalo in 2019 until he got injured. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.